Parisian Royal Holiday 2021 Uniworld River Cruise
A celebration of French festivities and royalty! Northern France and its “City of Light” sparkle even more during the holidays. The grand Christmas tree at Notre Dame, enchanting animated window displays on Boulevard Haussmann and the gloriously lit trees lining the Champs-Élysées infuse the city with magic. Combine the festivities of the holidays in Paris and surrounding towns with the world of royalty, and you’ll be treated to a once-in-a-lifetime festive royal journey.
Arrive at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport. If your cruise package includes a group arrival transfer or if you have purchased a private arrival transfer, you will be greeted by a Uniworld representative and transferred to the ship.
Featured Excursion: Choice of Château de Bizy concert or "Let's Go" bike to Château de Bizy with concert
Today the Seine and your luxurious ship carry you to a château with close links to the history of French royalty, in a region that was once the borderland between French and English royal power. You will visit Château de Bizy, an ideal setting for a concert of classical music. For those seeking a more active approach to today's excursion, you may choose to travel to the château by bicycle. In the evening, a special Captain’s Welcome Reception and Dinner will be prepared for you.
Featured excersions: Choice of Rouen walking tour with Christmas market or Tea time at La Couronne or Private cathedral choir recital
The medieval capital of Normandy, Rouen has managed to preserve much of its historic core, despite being turned into a battlefield numerous times. See Rouen’s top sights as well as its splendid Christmas market, held on the square in front of the cathedral Monet painted dozens of times. Inside, you can listen to ethereal liturgical music enhanced by the cathedral’s wonderful acoustics. Another treat awaits at La Couronne—tea and cake at the restaurant where Julia Child had a life-changing first meal in France.
Featured excersions: Visit the Basilica & choice of Versailles Palace secret apartments or Château de Rueil Malmaison, Home of Joséphine and Napoléon
The magnificently flamboyant Palace of Versailles was built during a time of absolute power, setting new standards for over-the-top excess with its elaborate gardens, grand state apartments and glittering Hall of Mirrors. All this plus a private “secret” tour that takes you where others cannot go? Priceless.
Featured excersions: Opéra Garnier and Parisian Christmas displays & Paris “Illuminations” tour
The shop windows of Paris are truly an art form, particularly during the holidays when they attract throngs of delighted onlookers. See these enchanting displays for yourself today on one of the city’s chicest streets. We’ll also take you inside the Paris Opera, described by its architect as a “Versailles for everyone.” Tonight, we’ll treat you to a Paris illuminations tour.
Featured Excursions: Heart of Paris Seine cruise & Choice of “Taste of Christmas” walking tour to Paris' Left Bank or "Let's Go" Seine riverbank bike ride
Join a local expert for a guided walk through two of our favorite neighborhoods in the “City of Light,” the Île de la Cité and Latin Quarter. Wander the streets with stones worn by countless notable artists, writers and philosophers, including Matisse and Picasso, Hemingway and Fitzgerald. The cultural, political, artistic and financial heart of France, Paris is entrancing, magical and exhilarating. Every view is postcard worthy, and for the next few days it is yours to enjoy.
Featured Excursions: Private reception at Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte
After visiting Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte, Louis XIV was so green with envy that he gave his modest hunting lodge a total makeover. See the inspiration for Versailles on an excursion to this elaborately decorated winter wonderland, where the owner will host a private reception for Uniworld guests. This evening, a special Captain’s Farewell Reception and Gala Dinner will be prepared for you.
Disembark the ship. If your cruise package includes a group departure transfer or if you have purchased a private departure transfer, you will be transferred to Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport for your flight home.
Generations Family Sailing! Every Uniworld Generations cruise includes special programs, events and excursions designed specifically for your world travellers in training. Receive 25% OFF THE FARE for young travellers, 4 to 17 years old, when traveling with an adult (suites excluded)#
|6 December 2021||£2,699|
|13 December 2021||£2,519|
|20 December 2021||£2,699 Generations Family Sailing|
|27 December 2021||£2,699 Generations Family Sailing|
- Savings of up to 10% if booked by 30th September 2020
- Return flights from a selection of UK airports, supplements may apply
- 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the exquisite S.S. Joie De Vivre
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir of England beds, high-thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners. All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- Captain's Welcome and Farewell Receptions
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water
- 6 days of excursions, including "Choice Is Yours" options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided "Taste of Christmas" programs
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
- Use of Nordic walking sticks
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture: "European Christmas Traditions, from the Nutcracker to the Tannenbaum"