Parisian Royal Holiday 2020 Uniworld River Cruise
A celebration of French festivities and royalty! Northern France and its “City of Light” sparkle even more during the holidays. The grand Christmas tree at Notre Dame, enchanting animated window displays on Boulevard Haussmann and the gloriously lit trees lining the Champs-Élysées infuse the city with magic. Combine the festivities of the holidays in Paris and surrounding towns with the world of royalty, and you’ll be treated to a once-in-a-lifetime festive royal journey.
Arrive at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport. If your cruise package includes a group arrival transfer or if you have purchased a private arrival transfer, you will be greeted by a Uniworld representative and transferred to the ship.
Featured Excursion: Choice of Château La Roche-Guyon or “Let's Go” Château La Roche-Guyon fortress tower climb
Your journey begins in regal fashion today with visits to two châteaux. At Château La Roche-Guyon, you may venture inside for a peek at the sumptuous rooms where French kings were once entertained (and royal hijinks no doubt ensured). Or climb to the top of the fortress tower for marvelous views of the gardens, village and valley below. Spend the evening at another beautiful château, an ideal setting for a concert of classical music. Kings, dukes, duchesses, cardinals, counts—France’s nobility created splendid palaces and intriguing castles. Today the Seine and your luxurious ship carry you to châteaux with close links to the history of French royalty, in a region that was once the borderland between French and English royal power.
Featured excersions: Rouen walking discovery tour with Christmas Market & Cathedral choir recital and tea time at La Couronne
Normandy’s medieval capital has a historic quarter that remains amazingly intact. See Rouen’s top sights as well as its splendid Christmas market, held on the square in front of the cathedral Monet painted dozens of times. Inside, you can listen to ethereal liturgical music enhanced by the cathedral’s wonderful acoustics. Another treat awaits at La Couronne—tea and cake at the restaurant where Julia Child had a life-changing first meal in France. The medieval capital of Normandy, Rouen has managed to preserve much of its historic core, despite being turned into a battlefield numerous times.
Featured excersions: Exclusive “Secret Versailles” palace tour
The magnificently flamboyant Palace of Versailles was built during a time of absolute power, setting new standards for over-the-top excess with its elaborate gardens, grand state apartments and glittering Hall of Mirrors. All this plus an exclusive “secret” tour that takes you were others cannot go? Priceless.
Join a local expert for a guided walk through two of our favorite neighborhoods in the “City of Light,” the Île de la Cité and Latin Quarter. Admire the Gothic grandeur and grimacing gargoyles of Notre Dame, then wander the streets with stones worn by countless notable artists, writers and philosophers, including Matisse and Picasso, Hemingway and Fitzgerald. The cultural, political, artistic and financial heart of France, Paris is entrancing, magical and exhilarating. Every view is postcard worthy, and for the next few days it is yours to enjoy.
Choice of Taste of Christmas walking tour to Paris Left Bank or Exclusive guided "Let's Go" bike ride along the Left Bank
Featured Excursions: Exclusive reception at Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte &Paris “Illuminations” tour
After visiting Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte, Louis XIV was so green with envy that he gave his modest hunting lodge a total makeover. See the inspiration for Versailles on an excursion to this elaborately decorated winter wonderland, where the owner will host an exclusive reception for Uniworld guests. Tonight, we’ll treat you to a Paris illuminations tour.
The shop windows of Paris are truly an art form, particularly during the holidays when they attract throngs of delighted onlookers. See these enchanting displays for yourself today on one of the city’s chicest streets. We’ll also take you inside the Paris Opera, described by its architect as a “Versailles for everyone.”
Disembark the ship. If your cruise package includes a group departure transfer or if you have purchased a private departure transfer, you will be transferred to Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport for your flight home.
|06 December 2020||£2,519|
|13 December 2020||£2,519|
|20 December 2020||£2,519|
|27 December 2020||£2,879|
- Savings of up to 30% if booked by 31st March 2020
- Return flights from a selection of UK airports, supplements may apply
- 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the exquisite S.S. Joie De Vivre
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir£\xAE of England beds, high-thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners. All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- Captain's Welcome and Farewell Receptions
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water
- 6 days of excursions, including "Choice Is Yours" options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided "Taste of Christmas" programs
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
- Use of Nordic walking sticks
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture: "European Christmas Traditions, from the Nutcracker to the Tannenbaum"