Classic Germany & Amsterdam 2021 Uniworld River Cruise
The many wonders of the Rhine and Main rivers are yours to discover on this voyage through the most charming towns of Germany. Begin your cruise in Amsterdam and pass through the Dutch countryside to arrive in Cologne, where a blend of medieval charm and dramatic architecture are just a sample of the enchantments you’ll find over the course of the week. Continue on through storybook towns, their castles perched amongst the gorgeous natural landscapes. Along the way, you’ll uncover a region steeped in history, a fascinating mix of miraculously undisturbed and painstakingly restored cultural gems.
Sample the region’s iconic treats, from brandy-spiked Rudesheimer coffee to the Rieslings produced at the vineyards banking the Rhine. Wander into these picturesque riverscapes with a “Let’s Go” hiking path that will bring you high up in the trees above the Steigerwald forest and a canoe ride through the Mainschleife Nature Reserve. Then discover a full range of life along the Rhine and Main with visits to quaint villages and lavish palaces. Between breathtaking backdrops and rich local culture, this journey from Amsterdam to Nuremberg will leave you speechless.
Arrive at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. If your cruise includes a group arrival transfer or if you have purchased a private arrival transfer, you will be greeted by a Uniworld representative and transferred to the ship.
FEATURED EXCURSIONS: Choice of Alsatian "Village Day" OR Freiburg city tour.Cologne walking tour with Old Town visit.
Today you’ll experience the many treasures of Cologne on a stroll that will take you to the Old Town, an area rich in history and architecture, featuring 12 Romanesque churches and stunning remnants of the town’s medieval past.
FEATURED EXCURSIONS: Choice of Rüdesheim walk with local treats or Rheinweinwelten visit - The best Rhine Rieslings or "Let's Go" hike from Rüdesheim to Assmanshausen
Your floating hotel arrives in Rüdesheim, one of the most charming ports of call in the Rhine Valley. This city has a long history going back to Roman times and is famous for the Drosselgasse, a narrow, bustling lane of shops and wine bars, as well as its impressive Niederwald Monument.
FEATURED EXCURSIONS: Miltenberg walking tour with Brotzeit
The perfect German town calls for a day full of quintessential German experiences. Resting on the left bank of the Main, Miltenberg is classically quaint with its charming squares, farmland, biking and pedestrian paths, impressive castles and one of Germany’s oldest inns.
FEATURED EXCURSIONS: Choice of “Let’s Go” hike to Festung Marienberg or Würzburg Residence visit with Court Gardens
The opulent Würzburg Residence, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, offers a true sense of the region’s history through the European Renaissance. It even contains the world’s largest ceiling fresco by Tiepolo. Visit the Residence and its carefully restored gardens or get outdoors and enjoy a scenic hike around Festung Marienberg, a prominent landmark that was previously home to a long line of prince-bishops.
FEATURED EXCURSIONS: Heart of Franconian Wine Country “Village Day”
Your day brings you to Volkach and the heart of the Franconian wine country. It’s a region full of overwhelming natural beauty, rooted communities, marvelous flavors and villages that have been making wine for countless generations. Explore the town and its surrounding countryside.
FEATURED EXCURSIONS: Choice of Bamberg walking tour or “Let’s Go” treetop hike
Bamberg in its entirety is not only described as beautiful but has often been regarded as one of Germany’s most attractive settlements, with its ravishing architecture, intersecting canals and rivers, and charming stores and restaurants, all framed by rolling hills. In the evening, a special Captain’s Farewell Reception and Dinner will be prepared for you.
Disembark the ship. If your cruise package includes a group departure transfer or if you have purchased a private departure transfer, you will be transferred to Nuremberg Airport for your flight home.
|3 September 2021||£2,799|
|8 October 2021||£2,799|
|15 October 2021||£2,799|
- Return flights or Eurostar from the UK, some supplements may apply to regional airports.
- 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the exquisite River Princess
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- All gratuities, both onboard and onshore
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir of England beds, high-thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
- Captain's Welcome and Farewell Receptions & Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water
- 6 days of excursions, including "Choice Is Yours" options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided “Let's Go,” “Do as the Locals Do” and “Village Day” programs
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio headset system on all excursions
- Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- 2 countries: the Netherlands, Germany
- 4 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- Captivating onboard local entertainment