Venice & Gems of Northern Italy 2022 Uniworld River Cruise
Uncover the enchanted beauty and breathtaking history of Venice and Northern Italy. Travel to romantic Venice and treat yourself to a private evening opening and lighting ceremony at St. Mark’s Basilica. Depart the enchanting “City of Water” to explore the waterfront shops, colourful facades and peaceful canals unique to Burano, Mazzorbo and Torcello. Farther south, discover Chioggia—a charming southern port loved by fishermen, artists and anyone looking for unique gifts or souvenirs. Enjoy additional shopping time in “bountiful” Bologna and medieval Padua, once home to Galileo and Copernicus. Each of these enchanting locales is yours to uncover on “Venice & the Gems of Northern Italy.”
Arrive at Venice Marco Polo International Airport, where you will be transferred to the ship. Unpack, relax and enjoy your first evening on the Venetian Lagoon.
With your early morning arrival at Doge’s Palace, you’ll be able to marvel at the estate in total peace. Wander through a Venetian neighborhood and experience daily life in an authentic Venetian residential quarter. Later in the evening, cap the day off with a private once-in-a-lifetime experience at an after-hours lighting ceremony inside St. Mark’s Basilica without the crowds.
FEATURED EXCURSIONS: A morning walk in Venice with Doge's Palace visit & private after-hours visit to Saint Mark's Basilica
FEARURED EXCURSIONS: Choose between a full-day in medieval Padua, home to Italy's second oldest university, or a Venice walking tour and a choice of several exciting ways to see Chioggia: sailing through the Po delta, riding on a traditional bragozzo or biking through this authentic fishing town.
Choice of Venice walking tour or Po Delta sailing or “Let's Go” biking Chioggia with Ca’zen visit and tasting or Bragozzo ride with Ca’zen visit and tasting or Padua walking tour and "Drink like an Italian"
Explore Italy’s culinary capital Bologna on a full-day tour packed with an exclusive pasta-making workshop and lunch or explore Ferrara on a half-day tour.
FEATURED EXCURSIONS: Renaissance, elegance and Italian lifestyle town walk in Fererra or Private pasta-making and Italian lunch in Bologna
Today, you’ll admire the greatest sites of charming and coastal Chioggia, including a stop at the local and lively market. Your ship will move to dock overnight in Burano, where you’ll enjoy a lovely evening stroll through this multicoloured island.
FEATURED EXCURSIONS: Chioggia market visit & Evening stroll in Burano
Spend the day exploring the northern lagoon of Venice and three of its captivating islands. Explore a basilica with an art historian in Torcello before heading to the peaceful, agricultural island of Mazzorbo. End the tour with a stroll through Burano’s rainbow of colourful homes and visit a lace-making atelier.
FEATURED EXCURSIONS: Full-day Magic Island Day–hidden treasures of the lagoon
As your water taxi glides past narrow side canals and the Canal Grande, you’ll arrive in style at the Rialto Bridge and Fondaco dei Tedeschi. The iconic stone arch bridge sits at the narrowest point of the Canal Grande and holds numerous shops and restaurants.
FEATURED EXCURSIONS: Choice of “Do as the Locals Do” Venice walking tour or Rialto walking tour with Casanova
Disembark the ship and transfer to Venice Marco Polo International Airport for your flight home.
|Date||Price from (pp)|
- Return flights from a selection of UK airports, supplements may apply
- 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the S.S. La Venezia
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir of England beds, high-thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- All gratuities, both onboard and onshore
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Captain's Welcome and Farewell Receptions & Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water
- 6 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided "Do as the Locals Do" and "Gentle Walking" programs
- 3 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio headset system on all excursions
- Use of Nordic walking sticks
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture: "La Serenissima: The Lagoon of Venice"
- Exclusive Generations Family Programme on select summer departures