Venice & Gems of Northern Italy 2021 Uniworld River Cruise
Soak up the enchantment of “The City of Water” and three outer-lying Venetian islands, Burano, Mazzorbo and Torcello. Be treated to an exclusive evening opening and lighting ceremony at St. Mark’s Basilica. Discover the charm of seaside Chioggia loved by fishermen and artists alike. Enjoy a multicourse lunch complete with wine pairings at a historic wine estate in Valpolicella. Explore medieval Padua, once home to Galileo and Copernicus; “bountiful” Bologna; and UNESCO-designated Ferrara. Each of these enchanting locales is yours to uncover on the “Gems of Northern Italy.”
Arrive at Venice Marco Polo International Airport, where you will be transferred to the ship. Unpack, relax and enjoy your first evening on the Venetian Lagoon.
FEATURED EXCURSIONS: A morning walk in Venice with Doge's Palace visit & private after-hours visit to Saint Mark's Basilica
With your early morning arrival at Doge’s Palace, you’ll be able to marvel at the estate in total peace. Wander through a Venetian neighbourhood and experience daily life in an authentic Venetian residential quarter. Later in the evening, cap the day off with a private once-in-a-lifetime experience at an after-hours lighting ceremony inside St. Mark’s Basilica without the crowds.
CHOICE FEARURED EXCURSION: Choice of Venice walking tour or Drink like an Italian in Padua or Po Delta sailing or “Let's Go” biking Chioggia with Ca’zen visit and tasting or Bragozzo ride with Ca’zen visit and tasting
Choose between a full-day in medieval Padua, home to Italy's second oldest university, or a Venice walking tour and a choice of several exciting ways to see Chioggia: sailing through the Po delta, riding on a traditional bragozzo or biking through this authentic fishing town. Choice of Venice walking tour or Drink like an Italian in Padua or Po Delta sailing or “Let's Go” biking Chioggia with Ca’zen visit and tasting or Bragozzo ride with Ca’zen visit and tasting
FEATURED EXCURSIONS: Choice of Private pasta-making and Italian lunch in Bologna or Ferrara: Renaissance, elegance and Italian lifestyle town walk
Bologna or Ferrara? Let your passions be your guide today. If you have an appetite for pasta, head to Bologna—the heart of Italian culinary traditions—and learn how to make (and eat!) your own lunch. Or indulge your appetite for art with an excursion to Ferrara, an ancient centre for the arts that once rivaled Medici Florence. Today you face a tough decision: Do you spend a full day in Bologna, the culinary capital of Northern Italy, or visit UNESCO-designated Ferrara, a beautifully preserved Renaissance city?
FEATURED EXCURSIONS: Chioggia market visit & Evening stroll in Burano
Today, you’ll admire the greatest sites of charming and coastal Chioggia, including a stop at the local and lively market. Your ship will move to dock overnight in Burano, where you’ll enjoy a lovely evening stroll through this multicoloured island.
FEATURED EXCURSIONS: Full-day Magic Island Day–hidden treasures of the lagoon
Spend the day exploring the northern lagoon of Venice and three of its captivating islands. Explore a basilica with an art historian in Torcello before heading to the peaceful, agricultural island of Mazzorbo. End the tour with a stroll through Burano’s rainbow of colourful homes and visit a lace-making atelier.
FEATURED EXCURSIONS: Choice of “Do as the Locals Do” Venice walking tour or Rialto walking tour with Casanova
As your water taxi glides past narrow side canals and the Canal Grande, you’ll arrive in style at the Rialto Bridge and Fondaco dei Tedeschi. The iconic stone arch bridge sits at the narrowest point of the Canal Grande and holds numerous shops and restaurants.
Disembark the ship and transfer to Venice Marco Polo International Airport for your flight home.
Extend Your Cruise
Extend your stay with this great value cruise extension! Give our team a call for full details on 0800 810 8220
- 2 nights stay in Milan at the Rosa Grand (or similar) with breakfast
Was from £3,999ppNow from only £1,999pp!
- Available 29th October 2021
|Date||Price from (pp)|
|31 October 2021||£1,749|
- Return flights from a selection of UK airports, supplements may apply
- 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the S.S. La Venezia
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir of England beds, high-thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- All gratuities, both onboard and onshore
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Captain's Welcome and Farewell Receptions & Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water
- 6 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided "Do as the Locals Do" and "Gentle Walking" programs
- 3 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio headset system on all excursions
- Use of Nordic walking sticks
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture: "La Serenissima: The Lagoon of Venice"
- Exclusive Generations Family Programme on select summer departures