European Holiday Markets 2021 Uniworld River Cruise
Experience Europe’s old-world charms during the most magical time of the year. Sparkling lights illuminate ancient cathedral squares and the sound of children’s laughter mingles with carols. Enjoy Uniworld’s exclusive “Taste of Christmas” programme in Vienna, where you’ll see astonishing confectionary decorations in Café Demel’s windows. Celebrate the season in a new way as you meander through old lands, and remember, as the Christkind says, “While this market’s splendour is fleeting, the joy it brings is eternal.”
Arrive at Vienna International Airport. If your cruise package includes a group arrival transfer, or if you have purchased a private arrival transfer, you will be greeted by a Uniworld representative and transferred to the ship.
Featured Excersions: Choice of "Taste of Christmas" Vienna walking tour or Vienna city tour with Christmas market
Vienna is a city steeped in history, music and elegant architecture. Mozart, Austria’s most famous citizen, was at the height of his creative powers when he lived here, writing perhaps his best-known works, including The Marriage of Figaro, Don Giovanni and Eine Kleine Nachtmusik. He found Vienna a very inspiring place, and so will you. You’ll have a full day to savor the Christmas spirit in Vienna with over 140 wooden stalls enticing you with every sort of delicacy. Be sure to try the rum balls and nutmeg-spiced macarons, which are local favorites, and amble through the adjacent park to admire the elaborately decorated trees. A special Captain’s Welcome Reception and Dinner will be prepared for you this evening.
Featured Excersions: Dürnstein village stroll with spiced wine tasting and organ concert in a monastery church
After a scenic cruise through the beautiful Wachau Valley, we’ll reach the tiny village of Dürnstein. Walk along its cobbled streets, browse the shops selling apricot schnapps, and perhaps take a quick jaunt up to the ruins of a castle (with an intriguing tale all its own). Later, you can taste mulled wine and attend an organ concert at an Augustine church.
Featured Excersions: Choice of Linz walking tour with Christmas market or Linz Town & Country: cider farm visit with Christmas market
There’s more to Linz than its famous Linzer torte, although that alone makes it well worth a visit. The city has a thriving contemporary art scene, and its two Christmas Markets are over-the-top enchanting. In keeping with the Austrian traditions of good food and good music, Linz gave rise to both the Linzer torte and the Linz Symphony. The symphony is one of Mozart’s most celebrated works. The story goes that the composer was so inspired by the beauty of the city that he finished his Symphony No. 36 in less than a week here in 1783.
Featured Excersions: Passau walking tour with Christmas market & Bavarian Forest village with Theresienthal glass manufactory visit
Take some time today to explore the beautifully expansive and heavily wooded Bavarian Forest. As the largest continuous forested region in Europe, there’s plenty to uncover—like unspoiled landscapes, abundant wildlife and idyllic atmosphere.
Featured Excersion: Regensburg walk with Thurn & Taxis Castle visit and Christmas market
The Old Town of Regensburg sparkles with holiday lights and decorations this time of year, adding to its already considerable charms. Check out the brightest cultural sights, then head to what may very well be the most romantic Christmas Market in all of Germany, nestled within the courtyard of a beautiful baroque castle—as you take in the delights of the markets.
Featured Excersion: Nuremberg city tour with Christmas market
For a truly over-the-top holiday extravaganza, look no further than Nuremberg, which boasts the largest and grandest Christmas Market in all of Germany—and that’s really saying something. The “Gingerbread Capital of the World” pulls out all the stops during the holidays, as you’ll see for yourself on a panoramic tour guaranteed to put you in a festive mood. Two hundred stalls filled with holiday wares—ornaments, nutcrackers, seasonal treats and hand-carved toys—await you, and the irresistible aromas of roasting nuts, cinnamon and grilled sausages waft through the air. A special Captain’s Farewell Reception and Dinner will be prepared for you this evening.
Disembark the ship. If your cruise package includes a group departure transfer, or if you have purchased a private departure transfer, you will be transferred to Nuremberg Airport for your flight home.
|Date||Price from (pp)|
|1 December 2021||£5,579|
|15 December 2021||£2,879|
- Savings of up to 10% if booked by 8th January 2021
- Return flights from a selection of UK airports, supplements may apply
- 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on River Beatrice
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir of England beds, high-thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners. All meals on board, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients.
- Captain's Welcome and Farewell Receptions
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages on board, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water
- 6 days of excursions, including "Choice Is Yours" options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided "Taste of Christmas," "Village Day" and "Gentle Walking" programs
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all shore excursions
- Use of Nordic walking sticks
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- 2 countries: Austria & Germany
- 3 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- Captivating on board local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture: "Christmas Traditions in Germany"
- Exclusive Multigenerational Family-Friendly Programme on a select December departure