Brilliant Bordeaux 2021 Uniworld River Cruise
Uncover the proud legacy and heritage of Southwest France. Set sail along three stunning rivers, the Garonne, Dordogne and Gironde, on one fascinatingly historical and invigorating journey. Explore the country’s breathtaking backdrops, wines and cultural treasures across the region in Bordeaux, Fort Médoc, Cadillac, Blaye, Libourne and more. Wander through archaeological marvels, historic landmarks and magnificent vineyards where you’ll be treated to a sampling of quintessentially French experiences. Enjoy an exquisite wine tasting in Fort Médoc before discovering World War II in France from the enemy’s point of view with a visit to a defensive army camp and portions of the Atlantic Wall.
Embark on a scenic drive from Blaye to Bourg along the Route de la Corniche Fleurie and marvel at the sights of Blaye Fortress and Lansac Windmill along the way. Slow things down in Libourne and on your return to Bordeaux with multiple wine tastings, village tours, a farmers’ market visit and Bordeaux heritage walking tour. Join us on a showcase of the best Southwest France has to offer.
Arrive at Bordeaux-Mérignac International Airport. If your cruise package includes a group arrival transfer or if you have purchased a private arrival transfer, you will be greeted by a Uniworld representative and transferred to the ship.
The Route de la Corniche Fleurie…could this be the most beautiful road you’ve ever traveled? Find out today on the drive to Blaye Fortress, passing through one impossibly picturesque hamlet after another. Once you arrive, you’ll find your center with a unique and expertly led yoga session in the heart of this historic fortress, a UNESCO-designated citadel that once protected Bordeaux from attacks by sea.
Featured Excursion: Bourg sur Gironde walking tour
Choice of Panoramas of Route de la Corniche Fleurie with Blaye Fortress or “Let’s Go” yoga in the historic heart of Blaye Fortress
The legendary Médoc region abounds with prestigious wine châteaux in a dizzying array of architectural styles, as well as miles of grapevines stretching to infinity. Take a scenic drive through the storied Médoc wine route, followed by a wine tasting at a beautiful wine estate. Enjoy the waters of the Garonne River and the Gironde Estuary before heading to the pretty town of Pauillac, gateway to the storied Médoc wine route, the Atlantic coast and remnants of the Atlantic Wall erected during WWII.
Featured Excursion: Fresh Médoc oysters tasting
Choice of Médoc Châteaux route with private wine tasting or Bunker archaeology tour or “Let’s Go” bike in the Médoc vineyards
The French phrase “la douceur de vivre” is an accurate description for your time in Cadillac, known for its deliciously flavored dessert wines. Visit Château Royal de Cazeneuve, site of Henry IV’s and Queen Margot’s tempestuous love. Meet the owner around a glass of Sauternes in the reception hall.
Choice of The colorful life of Toulouse Lautrec at Château de Malromé or Sauternes vineyard visit with private wine tasting at Château de Cazeneuve
The medieval town of Saint-Émilion is an ideal place to linger. Wander its cobblestone lanes lined with wine shops and bakeries, and stop to admire the amazing rock-hewn church that extends beneath the city’s streets. Another treasure awaiting you underground? A wine tasting in the cellars of a Grand Cru estate. With Libourne as your base, travel to nearby breathtaking Saint-Émilion and immerse yourself more deeply in the region’s history and wine culture.
Featured Excursion: Saint-Émilion walking tour with wine tasting
France’s rich agricultural tradition is the heart and soul of the region’s exquisite cuisine—and what better way to get a taste for the freshest vegetables, cheeses, breads and fruits than with a visit to Libourne’s lively farmers’ market?
Featured Excursion: Libourne “Village Day” with farmer's market
Discover Bordeaux’s many charms today, either on foot with a local expert or on two wheels—the locals’ preferred way to navigate the city’s charming backstreets. You have a wonderful selection of active opportunities to see this magnificent UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Featured Excursion: Cité du Vin museum visit
Choice of “Do as the Locals Do” Bordeaux walking tour or ”Let’s Go” bike Bordeaux backstreets
Disembark the ship and transfer to Bordeaux–Mérignac International Airport for your flight home.
|Date||Price from (pp)|
SOLO Traveller Price Guide
|22 August 2021|
- Savings of up to 30% if booked by 31st March 2021
- Self Drive and save up to £500 per couple
- Return flights or Eurostar from the UK, some supplements may apply to regional airports.
- 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the S.S Bon Voyage
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- All gratuities, both onboard and onshore
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 7 dinners
- Captain's Welcome and Farewell Receptions
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water
- 6 days of excursions, including "Choice Is Yours" options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided “Let's Go,” “Do as the Locals Do” and “Village Day” programs
- 3 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio headset system on all excursions
- Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture: "Aquitaine: Three Rivers, One Ocean and a Unique Land"
- Exclusive Connoisseur Collection on select summer departures