Brilliant Bordeaux 2020 Uniworld River Cruise
Uncover the proud legacy and heritage of Southwest France. Set sail along three stunning rivers, the Garonne, Dordogne and Gironde, on one fascinatingly historical and invigorating journey. Explore the country’s breathtaking backdrops, wines and cultural treasures across the region in Bordeaux, Fort Médoc, Cadillac, Blaye, Libourne and more. Wander through archaeological marvels, historic landmarks and magnificent vineyards where you’ll be treated to a sampling of quintessentially French experiences. Enjoy an exquisite wine tasting in Fort Médoc before discovering World War II in France from the enemy’s point of view with a visit to a defensive army camp and portions of the Atlantic Wall.
Embark on a scenic drive from Blaye to Bourg along the Route de la Corniche Fleurie and marvel at the sights of Blaye Fortress and Lansac Windmill along the way. Or, choose to experience that same impressive scenery from the seat of a bike. Slow things down in Libourne and on your return to Bordeaux with multiple wine tastings, village tours, a farmers’ market visit and Bordeaux Heritage walking tour. Join us on a showcase of the best Southwest France has to offer.
Arrive at Bordeaux–Mérignac International Airport, where you will be transferred to the ship.
Featured Excursion: Bourg sur Gironde walking tour
Choice of Scenic drive along the Route de la Corniche Fleurie with Blaye Fortress or “Let’s Go” yoga in the historic heart of Blaye Fortress
Choice of Médoc Châteaux route with private wine tasting or Bunker archaeology tour or “Let’s Go” bike in the Médoc vineyards
Choice of Sauternes Vineyard with private artisanal wine tasting at Château de Cazeneuve or The colorful life of Toulouse Lautrec at Château de Malromé
A full day in Libourne means you’ll have plenty of time to explore the majestic landscape of villages and vineyards. Nestled along the confluence of the Isle and Dordogne rivers, the quaint town is as pretty as a postcard. On the outskirts of Libourne, you’ll find neighboring Saint-Émilion. Discover the wine-making town by foot on a tour of its most picturesque sights, such as the magnificent Monolithic Church, all capped by a wine tasting at a beautiful château.
Featured Excursion: Saint-Émilion walking tour with wine tasting.
The French insist that the key to their superb wines is the soil in which they’re grown, the terroir. That same terroir also makes for extraordinary produce—the foundation for the country’s acclaimed cuisine—as you’ll discover today at a local farmers’ market.
Featured Excursions: Libourne “Village Day” with farmer's market or Bordeaux night stroll.
There’s so much to discover with a full day in Bordeaux’ port of Quai des Chatrons. The architecture is impressive, the wine is exquisite and the shopping is to die for. Explore La Cité du Vin, a one-of-a-kind cultural center and museum that brings the heritage of wine to life through interactive exhibits, shows, academic seminars and more. Do as the locals do and uncover Bordeaux’ unique heritage on a walking tour or choose to traverse the city by bike. Celebrate the end to a spectacular trip with a farewell dinner onboard.
Featured Excursion: Cité du Vin Museum visit
Choice of “Do as the Locals Do” Bordeaux walking tour or ”Let’s Go” bike Bordeaux backstreets
Disembark the ship and transfer to Bordeaux–Mérignac International Airport for your flight home.
|Date||Price from (pp)|
- Savings of up to 30% if booked by 31st March 2020
- Return flights or Eurostar from the UK, some supplements may apply to regional airports.
- 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the S.S Bon Voyage
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir£\xAE of England beds, high-thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- All gratuities, both onboard and onshore
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 7 dinners
- Captain's Welcome and Farewell Receptions
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water
- 6 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided “Let's Go,” “Do as the Locals Do” and “Village Day” programs
- 3 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio headset system on all excursions
- Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture: "Aquitaine: Three Rivers, One Ocean and a Unique Land"
- Exclusive Connoisseur Collection on select summer departures