EXCLUSIVE! Brilliant Bordeaux Wine Festival Cruise 2020
Phil Nuttall and members of the RiverCruising.co.uk team will be hosting this
Set sail along three stunning rivers, the Garonne, Dordogne and Gironde, on one fascinatingly historical and invigorating journey. Explore the country’s breathtaking backdrops, wines and cultural treasures across the region in Bordeaux, Fort Médoc, Cadillac, Blaye, Libourne and more.
This one-of-kind voyage on 14th June 2020 will also feature a day at the 2020 FÊTE LE VIN - Bordeaux’s famous bi-annual wine festival! With only 65 cabins & up to 130 guests, this cruise is sure to sell quickly, so secure your cabin today with only a 15% deposit!
Arrive at Bordeaux–Mérignac International Airport, where you will be transferred to the ship.
Featured Excursion: Bourg sur Gironde walking tour
Choice of Scenic drive along the Route de la Corniche Fleurie with Blaye Fortress or “Let’s Go” yoga in the historic heart of Blaye Fortress
Choice of Médoc Châteaux route with private wine tasting or Bunker archaeology tour or “Let’s Go” bike in the Médoc vineyards
Choice of Sauternes Vineyard with private artisanal wine tasting at Château de Cazeneuve or The colorful life of Toulouse Lautrec at Château de Malromé
A full day in Libourne means you’ll have plenty of time to explore the majestic landscape of villages and vineyards. Nestled along the confluence of the Isle and Dordogne rivers, the quaint town is as pretty as a postcard. On the outskirts of Libourne, you’ll find neighboring Saint-Émilion. Discover the wine-making town by foot on a tour of its most picturesque sights, such as the magnificent Monolithic Church, all capped by a wine tasting at a beautiful château.
Featured Excursion: Saint-Émilion walking tour with wine tasting.
The French insist that the key to their superb wines is the soil in which they’re grown, the terroir. That same terroir also makes for extraordinary produce—the foundation for the country’s acclaimed cuisine—as you’ll discover today at a local farmers’ market.
Featured Excursions: Libourne “Village Day” with farmer's market or Bordeaux night stroll.
There’s so much to discover with a full day in Bordeaux’ port of Quai des Chatrons. The architecture is impressive, the wine is exquisite and the shopping is to die for. Explore La Cité du Vin, a one-of-a-kind cultural center and museum that brings the heritage of wine to life through interactive exhibits, shows, academic seminars and more. Do as the locals do and uncover Bordeaux’ unique heritage on a walking tour or choose to traverse the city by bike. Celebrate the end to a spectacular trip with a farewell dinner onboard.
Featured Excursion: Cité du Vin Museum visit
Choice of “Do as the Locals Do” Bordeaux walking tour or ”Let’s Go” bike Bordeaux backstreets
YOUR CALL: Today the 2020 Fête Le Vin (Bordeaux Wine Festival) will be in full swing. Join us dockside to taste some amazing wines and take in the wonderful atmosphere!
Disembark the ship and transfer to Bordeaux–Mérignac International Airport for your flight home.
14th June 2020 - 8 Days
|Cabin Type||Price (pp)|
|Classic Stateroom||£2,499 Saving £1,100|
|Deluxe Stateroom||£2,899 Saving £1,200|
|French Balcony||SOLD OUT|
|Grand Suite||SOLD OUT|
- Your exclusive hosts: CEO Phil Nuttall and the RiverCruising.co.uk team!
- Exclusive fares and £100 per person on board credit!
- Entry to the 2020 Bordeaux Wine Festival
- Return flights or Eurostar from the UK, some supplements may apply to regional airports.
- 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the S.S. Bon Voyage
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including selected fine wines, beers, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee, tea and mineral water
- All meals on board, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- Welcome and Farewell cocktail receptions with the Captain, Phil & the team!
- Elegant river-view staterooms and suites, with the finest linens, towels and Savoir® beds for an incredible night's sleep
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- All gratuities, both on board and on shore
- Services of an experienced Uniworld cruise manager
- Free internet and Wi-Fi access
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- 6 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided “Let's Go,” “Do as the Locals Do” and “Village Day” programs
- 3 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio headset system on all excursions
- Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks
- Captivating on board local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture: "Aquitaine: Three Rivers, One Ocean and a Unique Land"