EXCLUSIVE! Brilliant Bordeaux Wine Festival Cruise 2020
Phil Nuttall and members of the RiverCruising.co.uk team will be hosting this
Set sail along three stunning rivers, the Garonne, Dordogne and Gironde, on one fascinatingly historical and invigorating journey. Explore the country’s breathtaking backdrops, wines and cultural treasures across the region in Bordeaux, Fort Médoc, Cadillac, Blaye, Libourne and more.
This one-of-kind voyage on 14th June 2020 will also feature a day at the 2020 FÊTE LE VIN - Bordeaux’s famous bi-annual wine festival! With only 65 cabins & up to 130 guests, this cruise is sure to sell quickly, so secure your cabin today with only a 15% deposit!
Arrive at Bordeaux–Mérignac International Airport, where you will be transferred to the ship.
The legendary Médoc region abounds with prestigious wine châteaux in a dizzying array of architectural styles, as well as miles of grapevines stretching to infinity. Take a scenic drive to the tip of the peninsula, followed by a wine tasting at a beautiful wine estate. Enjoy the waters of the Garonne River and the Gironde Estuary before heading to the pretty town of Pauillac, gateway to the storied Médoc wine route, the Atlantic coast and remnants of the Atlantic Wall erected during WWII.
FEATURED EXCURSIONS: Choice of Médoc châteaux route with exclusive wine tasting or Bunker Archaeology tour.
The French phrase “la douceur de vivre” is an accurate description for your time in Cadillac, known for its deliciously flavoured dessert wines. Meet a local Sauternes producer and visit a 14th-century fortress.
FEATURED EXCURSIONS: Sauternes vineyards with exclusive artisanal wine tasting at Château de Cazeneuve.
EVENING ENTERTAINMENT: Tonight, you’ll delight in an onboard musical performance.
The Route de la Corniche Fleurie…could this be the most beautiful road you’ve ever travelled? Find out today on the drive to Blaye Fortress, passing through one impossibly picturesque hamlet after another, with many natural wonders and exotic flowers (brought here by local sea captains) all along the way.
FEATURED EXCURSIONS: Choice of scenic drive along the Route de la Corniche Fleurie with Blaye Fortress and “Let ’s Go” bike tour Corniche Fleurie.
BACK ON BOARD: This evening, you’ll revel in a cooking demonstration of cannelé, a French pastry infused with rum and vanilla.
The medieval town of Saint-Émilion is an ideal place to linger. Wander its cobblestone lanes lined with wine shops and bakeries, and stop to admire the amazing rock-hewn church that extends beneath the city’s streets. Another treasure awaiting you underground? A wine tasting in the cellars of a Grand Cru estate. With Libourne as your base, travel to nearby breathtaking Saint-Émilion and immerse yourself more deeply in the region’s history and wine culture.
FEATURED EXCURSIONS: Saint-Émilion walking discovery tour with wine tasting.
EXPLORE: Today in Libourne you have endless opportunities to get active. Bike, canoe or even take a helicopter ride over Libourne Lake. Plus, we’ve even arranged a golf outing for you, if you so choose.
The French insist that the key to their superb wines is the soil in which they’re grown, the terroir. That same terroir also makes for extraordinary produce—the foundation for the country’s acclaimed cuisine—as you’ll discover today at a local farmers’ market.
FEATURED EXCURSIONS: Libourne “Village Day” with farmers’ market.
For Francophiles who are all Eiffel(ed) out, the city of Bordeaux is a delightful find, as elegant and sophisticated as big sister Paris, but with a younger and hipper vibe. Discover its many charms today, either on foot with a local expert or on two wheels, the locals’ preferred way to navigate the city’s charming back streets. You have a wonderful selection of opportunities to see this magnificent UNESCO World Heritage Site.
YOUR CALL: Today the 2020 Fête Le Vin (Bordeaux Wine Festival) will be in full swing. Join us dockside to taste some amazing wines and take in the wonderful atmosphere!
Disembark the ship and transfer to Bordeaux–Mérignac International Airport for your flight home.
14th June 2020 - 8 Days
|Cabin Type||Price (pp)|
|Classic Stateroom||£2,499 Saving £335|
|Deluxe Stateroom||£2,899 Saving £359|
|French Balcony||£3,299 Saving £432|
|Suite||£4,699 Saving £544|
|Grand Suite||£5,999 Saving £661|
- Your exclusive hosts: MD Phil Nuttall and the RiverCruising.co.uk team!
- Exclusive fares and £100 per person on board credit!
- Entry to the 2020 Bordeaux Wine Festival
- Return flights or Eurostar from the UK, some supplements may apply to regional airports.
- 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the S.S. Bon Voyage
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including selected fine wines, beers, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee, tea and mineral water
- All meals on board, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- Welcome and Farewell cocktail receptions with the Captain, Phil & the team!
- Elegant river-view staterooms and suites, with the finest linens, towels and Savoir® beds for an incredible night's sleep
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- All gratuities, both on board and on shore
- Services of an experienced Uniworld cruise manager
- Free internet and Wi-Fi access
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- 6 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided “Let's Go,” “Do as the Locals Do” and “Village Day” programs
- 3 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio headset system on all excursions
- Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks
- Captivating on board local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture: "Aquitaine: Three Rivers, One Ocean and a Unique Land"