TUI Three Grand Capitals 2022 River Cruise
This whistle-stop tour zips you through three capital cities – Budapest, Bratislava and Vienna. From Budapest’s bathhouses to Vienna’s palaces, this itinerary dances you along the Danube.
Kick things off in Budapest. This city’s sliced in two by the Danube, and both sides are worth exploring. In the east, you’ve got Pest, where you’ll find Hungary’s famously grand parliament buildings. Hilly Buda sits to the west. This area’s topped by a vast 18th-century castle and the turreted Fisherman’s Bastion – a big terrace with seven towers that once defended the city.
Swap Hungary for Slovakia as you sail into Bratislava today. This old-meets-new city pairs Medieval and Gothic architecture with modern landmarks like the UFO Bridge, which resembles a flying saucer. Beer and dumpling pairings are the go-to for snack time. And once you’ve refuelled, walk up to Bratislava Castle – it flaunts a hilltop position right by the river.
Today’s for delving into Austria’s capital. Fancy Vienna is all about Baroque architecture, Neoclassical palaces and ornate coffee houses – you’ll definitely want the camera to hand. Plus, you’ll stop here overnight, so there’s no rush to get back to your ship. See the city lit up at night by riding the Viennese Giant Ferris Wheel – it stays open ‘til 10pm.
You’ve got another full day in Vienna, ahead of your flight home. Walk Ringstrasse, which has been dubbed one of the most beautiful promenades in the world. It’s home to 19th-century palaces, the Flemish-Gothic City Hall and the Museum of Fine Arts. Alternatively, soak up your last views of the city from the north or south stone towers of St Stephen's Cathedral.
|24 October 2022||£629|
- Upgrade to All Inclusive from £114pp
- Direct flights from a range of UK airports with 20kg luggage allowance
- 3 nights on board TUI Skyla
- Airport transfers - to and from your ship
- Full board plus - breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Tea, coffee and juices with breakfast
- Wine, beer and soft drinks at lunch and dinner
- Barbecues on deck (weather permitting)
- Free WiFi (signal permitting)
- All tips and port charges
- Visit a Slovak home
- Devin Castle with wine tasting
- Bratislava city train tour
- Heurigan experience
- Sound of Vienna: An evening in concert
- Classic Vienna city tour