TUI A Rhineland New Year 2022 River Cruise
Celebrate New Year in style on the mighty Rhine river on this incredible river cruise, stopping at showstopping towns and cities along the way.
Start your New Year adventure in Frankfurt. Festivities and photo stops come hand-in-hand in here, thanks to an eclectic mix of architecture that’s all dressed up for the winter season. Romerberg Square’s a must-visit – it’s lined with traditional, Medieval-style buildings. There’s also a tonne of museums covering everything from film to art.
Enter wine country on this day of two halves, featuring Rudesheim and Boppard. Rudesheim’s Medieval streets are lined with cosy taverns and trinket shops. The town’s super famous for its grapes, so while you’re here, make sure you try some of the local wine. Boppard, meanwhile, flaunts a seasonal Christmas shop on its main street and a 13th-century castle.
You’ve got all day today to get to know Cologne. Its famous cathedral takes centre stage on the skyline – the twin spires are an iconic landmark in this 2,000-year-old city. It’s worth the climb to the top for unbeatable views across Cologne’s rooftops. Afterwards, reward yourself with a cold glass of Kolsch beer, brewed right here in the city.
There’s plenty to get your teeth into in Dusseldorf when it comes to sightseeing. Check out Dusseldorf harbour – it’s recognised for its impressive avant-garde architecture. Or, tick off the old city moat and the 240-metre-tall Rhine Tower. And when it’s time for an energy boost, go local in the old quarter and try pork knuckles with a cold beer at a pavement café.
Today is New Year’s Eve. The Christmas market in Bonn stays open into the New Year, so you can look forward to stalls selling everything from hot mead to crackling chestnuts. You’ve got a full day to taste-test the local food, as well as shop for souvenirs. And on the sightseeing front, you can tick off presidential palaces, thousand-year-old churches and a variety of museums.
Spend New Year’s Day in Koblenz, located in the Rhineland wine-growing region. This place is the perfect stop-in for a tasty tipple or two. Get some sightseeing in on a stroll around the town. Highlight sights include the Electoral Palace and the German Corner, where the Rhine and Moselle rivers meet.
There are lots of sightseeing hotspots in Mainz, and you’ve got a full day to get your teeth into some of them. Start in the Kirschgarten area, where traditional half-timbered houses rub shoulders with beer taverns and tucked-away ,restaurants. Then, swing by the thousandyear-old Mainz Cathedral, home to tombs and ancient artwork.
You’ll spend your last day back where you started, in Frankfurt. This is the perfect opportunity to fit in some final sightseeing if there’s time before your flight home. Art fans might like to visit the 200-year-old Stadel Museum, which houses artworks by Van Gogh, Monet and Rembrandt. Or, jump on the Ebbelwei Express tram, which does a circuit of the whole city, zipping past the zoo and Romerberg.
|28 December 2022||£969|
- Upgrade to All Inclusive from £140pp
- £120pp Experience Credit per 7 days
- Direct flights from a range of UK airports with 20kg luggage allowance
- 7 nights on board TUI Maya
- Airport transfers - to and from your ship
- Full board plus - breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Tea, coffee and juices with breakfast
- Wine, beer and soft drinks at lunch and dinner
- Barbecues on deck (weather permitting)
- Free WiFi (signal permitting)
- All tips and port charges
- Winzerexpress & Seigfrieds mechanical music cabinet
- Winzerexpress, cable car & old town
- Rudesheim wine tasting
- Walking tour of Boppard
- Hammes winery tour & tasting
- Medieval Marksburg Castle
- Cologne's breweries with sightseeing
- Cologne city tour with cathedral
- Cologne city tour
- Walking tour of Dusseldorf
- Dusseldorf pub crawl
- Dusseldorf city tour with Rhine tower
- Journey up the Drachenfels mountain
- The panoramic Siebengebirge mountains
- Bonn city tour including Beethoven house
- Koblenz hilltop fortress & scenic cable car
- Walking tour of Koblenz
- Koblenz tourist train & wine tasting
- Walking tour of Mainz & Gutenberg museum
- Eberbach Monastery & wine tasting