TUI German Gems 2022 River Cruise
A bounty of beer halls, cathedrals and timber houses feature on this four-day Germany journey.
You’ll spend your first day of the cruise in Frankfurt. Get down to some sightseeing – ogle the fancy opera house, ride a tram through the busy city streets, or visit the carefully reconstructed old town. Known as Romerberg, this part of Frankfurt was damaged considerably in World War Two. Today, it’s bursting with photo-ready half-timbered houses.
Rudesheim and Koblenz both make the cut today – you’ve got a few hours in each. In Rudesheim, ride a cable car up to the Niederwald Monument – it’s got eye-widening views over the Rhine Valley. And in Koblenz, you can take photos at the point where the Rhine and Moselle rivers meet. Later in the evening, you’ll set sail for Cologne.
A full day in Cologne means you’ve got plenty of time to get acquainted with this city of contrasts. Here, ancient Roman walls and Medieval churches rub shoulders with a Postmodern quarter chock-full of chic shops. Then there’s the iconic twin-spired cathedral, as well as the city’s world-famous beer halls – Paffgen’s a popular hall and garden to grab a seat for a stein or two.
Spend your last day getting to know Dusseldorf, one of the most modern cities on the Rhine. The metroline is an arty masterpiece – it’s decorated with geometric shapes and projections of planets and even has some LED walls. For something a little more historic, head to the old quarter – Altstadt – where beer taverns and age-old theatres are tucked away along its narrow streets.
|2 October 2022||£699|
- Upgrade to All Inclusive from £114pp
- Direct flights from a range of UK airports with 20kg luggage allowance
- 3 nights on board TUI Isla
- Airport transfers - to and from your ship
- Full board plus - breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Tea, coffee and juices with breakfast
- Wine, beer and soft drinks at lunch and dinner
- Barbecues on deck (weather permitting)
- Free WiFi (signal permitting)
- All tips and port charges
- Winzerexpress & Siegfried's Musical Cabinet
- Winzerexpress, cable car & old town
- Rudesheim wine tasting
- Hilltop fortress & Scenic cable car
- Walking tour of Koblenz
- Koblenz tourist train & wine tasting
- Beer tasting & sightseeing in Cologne
- Cologne city tour with cathedral