TUI Danube Flavours 2022 River Cruise
A fantastic 5-day journey from Vienna’s stunning palaces, stopping off at the Slovakian capital, Bratislava, followed by the small town of Esztergom, and finishing in brilliant Budapest.
Start your Danube adventure in Vienna. This place is as fancy as having afternoon tea in the Ritz. Get settled with a touch of luxury straight away by riding in a horse-drawn carriage – they act as taxis here. Or, marvel at the decor in the 13th-century Hofburg Palace. You’re in Vienna for the evening, too, so there’s no need to rush back to the ship.You’ll spend your second day in Vienna. Use your remaining time to stock up on local nibbles. Like mozartkugel – a sweet-tasting ball of pistachio, marzipan, nougat and chocolate – or good-looking sachertorte chocolate cake. Spend the rest of the afternoon soaking up views of the Danube as you sail your way into Slovakia.
Butternut-squash-coloured rooftops, splashes of gold along Medieval streets and a turquoise-tinted Art Nouveau church all add to the colourful look of Slovakia’s capital. You’ll have all day to visit some of its signature sights – like Bratislava Castle, built from snow-white stone and capped with terracotta turrets. The pretty, Medieval old town is also a must-visit.
You’ll drop in on Esztergom this morning. Hungary’s first king was born here, so it’s of big importance despite its small size. This unassuming town is also home to the country’s largest church. In the afternoon, you’ll set sail for uber-cool Budapest. Epic architecture and quirky bars built in ruined buildings rub shoulders throughout the city.
You’ve got all of your last day to explore more of Budapest. Walk the cobbled streets of the castle district – you can reach it by a funicular railway – or grab a beer in a lively courtyard bar in the Jewish Quarter. Alternatively, grab a bite to eat. Goulash is a traditional Hungarian meat stew with noodles and vegetables. Or there’s langos – fried dough often topped with mashed potato, ham and cheese.
Transfer to the airport for your flight home.
|27 October 2022||£859|
- Upgrade to All Inclusive from £152pp
- Direct flights from a range of UK airports with 20kg luggage allowance
- 3 Nights on board TUI Skyla
- Airport transfers - to and from your ship
- Full board plus - breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Tea, coffee and juices with breakfast
- Wine, beer and soft drinks at lunch and dinner
- Barbecues on deck (weather permitting)
- Free WiFi (signal permitting)
- All tips and port charges
- Visit a Slovak home
- Bratislava city train tour
- Devin Castle with wine tasting
- Heurigen experience
- City train & Esztergom Basilica
- Sound of Vienna: An evening in concert
- Classic Vienna city tour
- Budapest city tour
- The Great Hungarian Plain
- Dinner & dancing in Budapest