Treasures of the Mekong 2020 & 2021 Luxury Scenic River Cruise
After leaving Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, you’ll embark on a seven night luxury cruise on the mighty Mekong bound for Siem Reap in Cambodia. Technicolour landscapes flank the enchanting banks where rural life and traditional customs continue to prosper amidst dazzling temples and waterside villages.
Fly from London Heathrow or Manchester with Singapore Airlines to Ho Chi Minh City via Singapore.
Welcome to Vietnam. Relax for the next two nights at your elegant Special Stay hotel in Ho Chi Minh City.
Travel along the Saigon River to the Cu Chi Tunnels and learn about the underground labyrinth of war-time passageways. After lunch, stop for some bargaining at Ben Thanh Market.
Freechoice Dining: Enjoy a Vespa foodie tour of Saigon by night or enjoy a meal in the surroundings of an old French colonial house. Alternatively dine at Restaurant Nineteen or Square One or similar.
Discover all about Vietnam’s modern history through a visit to the Reunification Palace and War Museum. Travel by coach to My Tho to board the luxurious Scenic Spirit.
Freechoice: Board a sampan to visit the famous Cai Be floating market before stopping at local cottage industries and French colonial or traditional Vietnamese houses. Alternatively relish a later start before savouring morning tea at the French colonial Le Longanier House featuring local musicians and cultural demonstrations. Or stay on board for your special Freechoice activity.
Later immerse yourself in the historic town of Sa Dec. From your sampan disembark, explore and interact with the sellers in the lively market and visit the home of Mr Huynh Thuy Le who inspired Marguerite Duras’ novel L’Amant. Spend the remainder of the afternoon cruising to Tan Chau.
Visit the farmers on Evergreen Island and enjoy a ride in a Xe Loi. Alternatively, walk through Chau Doc market and visit a family-operated fish farm or visit Tra Su Bird Sanctuary. Tonight enjoy a themed evening dinner to say farewell to Vietnam.
Freechoice: Journey to the Killing Fields and tour Tuol Sleng, the former school that was converted to the main prison of the Khmer Rouge, or take a guided tour of the local food market before joining a hands on Khmer cooking demonstration. Alternatively, by Tuk Tuk explore Phnom Penh’s colonial buildings, the Central Market as well as its modern architecture before stopping for lunch at a local NGO restaurant which teaches street kids hospitality skills.
Enrich: Later this evening revel in our Phnom Penh by City Lights tour, giving you an insight to the nightlife of the capital before stopping at a distillery for an exclusive tour and tasting behind closed doors.
This morning marvel at the Royal Palace, with the famous Silver Pagoda within, on your included visit to this must-see attraction. Later sail up the Tonle River to the silversmith village of Kho Chen.
Cruise to Kampong Tralach and take an ox cart ride through a local village. Learn how to pray in a Buddhist pagoda and partake in a ceremony to receive a blessing from a monk. Board your coach to the ancient capital of Oudong to visit the impressive pagoda and monastery. Drive a short distance to Prek K’dam to re-board Scenic Spirit and continue your cruise to Kampong Cham. Enjoy a cocktail reception on the Sun Deck against the backdrop of Phnom Penh.
Awake as you approach Wat Hanchey, an ancient hilltop pagoda and monastery to meet the resident novice monks. Walk to the top and soak in some of the best elevated views of the cruise before sailing downstream to Kampong Cham.
Freechoice: Learn about the history of the area with a visit to Phnom Pros (Man Hill) and then Wat Nokor, an 11th century temple that has a modern pagoda built within. Alternatively explore the ecotourism village of Cheung Kok or spend your time wandering through the township of Kampong Cham.
Drive to Siem Reap and arrive at your hotel, your stylish three night Special Stay.
Enrich: Take your A Reserve seat at the colourful Cambodian Circus, Phare.
Discover Banteay Srei and visit the Landmine Museum or admire the skills on display at Artisans D’Angkor. Alternatively, cruise on Tonle Sap (seasonal), take a tuk tuk ride to all the markets or take a tethered balloon ride above Angkor Wat.
Enrich: Marvel at sunrise over the magnificent Angkor Wat before moving to a special location for a champagne breakfast with food prepared by a local NGO supported bakery school.
Freechoice: Discover Banteay Srei and visit the Landmine Museum or explore Beng Mealea temples and Artisans D’Angkor. Alternatively, cruise on Tonle Sap or take a tethered balloon ride over Angkor Wat before visiting a Pouk Silk Farm and Preah Khan Temple. For the more adventurous enjoy a vintage Vespa ride.
Enrich: Tonight be wowed by a magical themed gala dinner at an Angkor temple, with included drinks and a show featuring Apsara dancers in front of candle lit temple ruins. A truly memorable end to your journey.
Transfer to the airport for your flight home.
Please note all departure dates are listed in the enquiry form.
- FREE one-way Business Class Upgrade!
- Your return Economy flights are from London Heathrow or Manchester with Singapore Airlines.
- 7 nights on-board Scenic Tours brand new luxury river ship; Scenic Spirit
- A personal butler service for every one of our guests, irrespective of cabin grade - and yes, it's all included
- 31 superb meals: including 12 breakfasts, 9 lunches and 10 dinners
- All your on-board drinks wherever, whenever - cocktails at the£\xA0bar, gin and tonic on your balcony. Choose from outstanding£\xA0regional and international wines, boutique beers, cocktails and£\xA0spirits, freshly ground coffee and speciality loose leaf teas, plus£\xA0your mini-bar is replenished every day at no extra cost (except for a very small number of rare, fine and vintage wines,£\xA0champagnes and spirits.)
- Enjoy£\xA0an array of unforgettable experiences courtesy of Scenic£\xA0Enrich, like exploring the Cu Chi Tunnels
- Scenic£\xA0FreeChoice£\xA0inclusions in Ho Chi Minh City, Chau Doc, Phnom Penh and Siem Reap
- Scenic£\xA0FreeChoice£\xA0dining in£\xA0Ho Chi Minh City
- Special Stays at the Caravelle Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City, and the Park Hyatt, Siem Reap£\xA0
- Small group touring with an average of 20 guests for shore excursions
- With a dedicated and experienced Cruise Director and£\xA0the best crew-to-passenger ratio, you'll notice the difference
- Tipping, gratuities and porterage are all taken care of, as well as complimentary on-board WiFi
It is your responsibility to verify all visa and passport requirements necessary for your holiday. You are responsible for obtaining independently and paying for all visas and entry documents, for meeting all health and other requirements, and for any documents required by the laws, regulations, orders, and/or requirements of the countries you will visit. You should confirm the necessary requirements for visas via the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website which can be found here
If you are unsure regarding how to obtain a visa or would like more information then please give us a call and one of our river cruising experts will be more than happy to assist.