Tastes of Imperial Europe 2021 Scenic River Cruise
Begin your exploration in the gorgeous city of Vienna. Having played host to creative and intellectual geniuses like Mozart, Sigmund Freud and Beethoven, the city oozes culture and creativity, from the 17th century Vienna State Opera to the Viennese coffee-house culture. In Bratislava, get an exclusive insight into the lives of the locals and continue on to explore one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, Budapest. Explore its famous landmarks and castles, and wrap it up with an unforgettable classical concert inside the glorious Gödöllõ Royal Palace.
Fly from one of up to 9 UK regional airports, where you’ll be transferred to your Scenic Space-Ship. At tonight’s welcome reception, raise your glass to the wonderful cruise ahead.
Freechoice: Tour the city and take in the highlights such as the State Opera, one of the most iconic opera houses in the world, the City Park with its famous gilded bronze monument of Johann Strauss and St. Stephens Cathedral. Or, be guided through the opulent rooms of Schönbrunn Palace, the primary summer residence of the Habsburg family that ruled Austria for nearly 650 years.
Alternatively, learn about the history and significance of Viennese coffee culture during a guided tour. This afternoon, you’ll have time to explore this magical city further.
Freechoice: Explore Bratislava with a knowledgeable local guide and discover all that this majestic city has to offer. Or, visit the home of a local family to gain an insight into the everyday lives of Slovaks, while enjoying delicious coffee and cake. Alternatively, journey behind the iron curtain and discover Bratislava’s communist-era history during a guided tour. Learn how this controversial regime directly impacted the daily lives of the Slovak people.
This afternoon, enjoy the amenities of your luxurious Scenic Space-Ship. Perhaps relax on the Sun Deck with a drink in hand and enjoy the scenery as you cruise past charming riverside villages, or take the opportunity to pamper yourself in the on board Wellness Centre.
Freechoice: Join a guided tour through one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, crossing the iconic Chain Bridge which spans the Danube, linking Buda and Pest and guarded by two lion sculptures at each end. Continue down Andrassy Avenue to visit Heroes’ Square, the monument built to mark the thousandth anniversary of Hungary and visit the Fisherman’s Bastion to see the city splayed out below you from the viewing platform.
If you’re feeling active, take a hiking tour up the World Heritage-listed Buda Hill. During your hike you will see the Matthias Church and the seven spires of the Fisherman’s Bastion. Alternatively, experience the labyrinths of the Hospital in the Rock, set underneath the city’s Castle District. The complex was built as a secret hospital during World War II and was later converted to a nuclear bunker.
Enrich: Immerse yourself in Budapest’s imperial past by attending an exclusive private classical music concert at the majestic Gödöllõ Royal Palace, one of the favourite residences of Queen Elisabeth of Hungary. Built in the 18th century, Gödöllõ is the second-largest Baroque Palace in the world, with its symmetrical white façade and immaculate interior. The concert promises to be a trip highlight and is exclusive to Scenic guests.
After breakfast, transfer to Budapest airport for your return flight home. Travel to one of up to 9 UK airports.
|25 April 2021||£1,635|
|1 May 2021||£1,865|
- 2021 cruise at a 2020 prices! Save a guaranteed £250pp PLUS FREE private door-to-door chauffeur transfers - book by 31st May
- Pay your balance in full by 31 October for an additional early payment discount of £125pp
- Return flights from a selection of up to 9 UK airports
- Return airport transfers
- 5-star Scenic Space-Ships featuring Scenic Sun Lounges
- 1 Exclusive Scenic Enrich event
- 9 Scenic Freechoice excursions to choose from
- Up to five on board dining options, from casual to fine-dining
- 11 meals: 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 4 dinners
- Complimentary premium branded beverages throughout your cruise
- Authentic local entertainment
- Salt Therapy Lounge, Gym & Wellness Area on board
- Exclusive Scenic Tailormade available throughout your cruise
- The freedom of our e-bikes
- Cruise Directo r& expert local guides
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout your cruise
- All tipping, port charges and airport taxes worth up to £465 per couple