Idyllic Rhône 2022 Scenic River Cruise
Sail the Rhône and Sâone rivers from Lyon to Tarascon in luxury. Visit Lyon's Notre Dame Basilica and enjoy an exclusive Scenic Culinaire experience.
Arrive in Lyon where you’ll be warmly welcomed on board your Scenic Space-Ship.
Set on the confluence of the Rhône and Saône rivers, Lyon is renowned as the gastronomic heart of France.
Freechoice: Walk Lyon’s hidden traboules, then continue to Notre Dame Basilica, which offers fabulous views across the city or join a guided bike ride to Lyon’s Botanical Gardens and Zoo. Alternatively, walk the cobblestone paths in the medieval hilltop town of Pérouges.
This afternoon set sail for Mâcon. Watch the scenery float by from the sun deck or Panorama Lounge, relax in the Wellness centre or perhaps take a lesson in French cookery in Scenic Culinaire.
Freechoice: Travel to the ‘Golden Stone’ region of Beaujolais, and enjoy a tasting of the region’s wines. Or, explore charming Cluny, built around the great Benedictine Abbey. Alternatively, visit Château de Cormatin, boasting beautiful gardens and 17th century architecture.
Freechoice: Take a walking tour in Vienne including a visit to the Roman amphitheatre and uncover the fascinating history of this quaint riverside town, once conquered by Julius Caesar. Or, for the more active, take in the picturesque landscapes of this region on a bicycle.
Freechoice: This morning, enjoy a walking tour of the ancient town of Viviers, nestled between hill and river, and visit its imposing cathedral or visit the beautiful provincial town of Grignan.
Scenic Culinaire will be hosting a lesson in French cuisine this afternoon.
Freechoice: Shop with a Chef at the market then cook up a storm in Scenic Culinaire, or explore Avignon’s Palais des Papes. Alternatively, take an excursion to Uzès and Pont du Gard, the impressive ancient Roman aqueduct or sample the celebrated wines of Châteauneuf-du-Pape at a Côtes du Rhône vineyard.
This afternoon enjoy free time to explore on your own.
Enrich: After the doors close to the general public at Avignon’s prestigious Palais des Papes, you’ll be invited for an exclusive concert inside this elegant 14th century palace.
Freechoice: Visit Les Baux, and drop into a local olive farm, or follow in the footsteps of Van Gogh during an excursion to Saint-Rémy and Saint-Paul de Mausole Monastery. Alternatively, visit Arles Arena on your tour of this once thriving Roman city.
This afternoon is at your leisure. Perhaps explore the medieval charm of Tarascon on board an e-bike or stay on board for a Provençal Soap Making workshop.
After breakfast, disembark and transfer to Marseille airport for your return journey home. Travel to one of up to 16 UK airports or by First Class rail to Avignon train station, before travelling Standard Premier Class aboard the Eurostar to St. Pancras International.
|21 April 2022||£3,119|
|28 April 2022^||£3,319|
|27 August 2022||£3,445|
|3 September 2022^||£3,495|
- Save up to £1,600 per couple, free VIP chauffeur transfers & free deposit protection
- Save an extra 10% on selected cabin grades when you pay in full 12 months before departure
- Return flights from a selection of up to 14 UK airports with a choice of airlines or travel via Eurostar
- 7 nights on Europe’s most luxurious 5-star ships
- 1 Exclusive Scenic Enrich event & 17 Scenic Freechoice excursions to choose from
- 20 meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 7 dinners
- Complimentary premium branded beverages
- Butler service for all guests
- Authentic local entertainment
- Exclusive Scenic Tailormade available throughout your cruise
- The freedom of on board e-bikes
- Cruise Director to guide and assist
- Expert local guides
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- All tipping, port charges and airport taxes worth up to £465 per couple