Iconic Danube 2019 Scenic River Cruise
This journey along the Danube demands you take your time and savour the sights around you. Few waterways have carved such an important route through Europe, so it's only right that you pay the river – and its historical treasures – the respect it deserves. During the Danube's journey through lower Germany, central Austria and out into Hungary, some of Europe's most distinctive cities unveil a treasure trove of cultures and rich historical legacies.
Your journey into wonder begins here. Raise your glass to the days ahead at this evening’s welcome reception.
Budapest is one of Europe’s oldest and prettiest cities.
Freechoice: Make the most of a guided city tour, or discover the Jewish heritage on a guided tour. Alternatively, journey to nearby Szentendre, and discover this charming town on a guided tour with an expert local guide.
With your knowledgeable local guide discover this historic city, situated on the banks of the mighty Danube River.
Freechoice: Tour the city of Vienna or Schönbrunn Palace. Alternatively, visit the Belvedere Museum, one of Europe’s most stunning Baroque landmarks. The museum houses the world’s largest collection of Gustav Klimt’s paintings.
Enrich: Breathe in the opulence and luxury of Palais Liechtenstein while enjoying a glass of fine Austrian Sekt. Then be enthralled by an enchanting private Viennese evening concert featuring music of Strauss and Mozart.
Freechoice: Be guided through Melk’s magnificent 18th century Benedictine Abbey, or if you want to try something more active, cycle along the river from Melk to one of the most enchanting villages in the region, Dürnstein. Alternatively, visit a local winery for a guided tour and tasting of its fine wines.
Sundowners: As the day ends, you’ll get to take in fine scenery at the breathtakingly beautiful Wachau Valley. You’ll be in very fine company, and can expect a wonderful ending to a magnificent day. Of course, we don’t take all the credit for this one. It’s nature who’ll provide the view. We’re just bringing the drinks.
Freechoice: Take an excursion to the medieval Czech town of Cesky Krumlov and discover its World Heritage-listed old city, or journey to Salzburg and explore the birthplace of Mozart, and the city backdrop for ‘The Sound of Music’
Join your local guide and discover this beautiful Baroque city.
After breakfast transfer to the Munich Airport. We’ll bid you a fond farewell, until the next time.
|27 March 2019||£1,795|
|03 April 2019 (in reverse)||£2,445 Cat C Balcony Suite|
- Save up to £1,400 per couple & receive Complimentary Door-to-Door Private Transfers if booked by 15 August*
- Save an extra £125pp if you pay in full by 31st October**
- Return flights from a selection of up to 14 UK airports with a choice of airlines
- 7 nights on Europe’s most luxurious 5-star ships
- 20 superb meals: including 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 7 dinners
- All your drinks wherever, whenever whilst on board your cruise†
- An on-board butler service for every guest
- Unforgettable once-in-a-lifetime events
- 10 flexible and exclusive excursion options
- Tipping, transfers, port charges and airport taxes worth £440 per couple
- Complimentary WiFi
- No hidden extras whatsoever