Delightful Douro 2022 Scenic River Cruise
In Porto, board the luxurious Scenic Azure, which will transport you through the hidden gem that is the Douro Valley. Days will be spent immersed in the proud history and culture of a unique land that still retains many of its centuries-old traditions.
Welcome to Porto, where you’ll board the luxurious Scenic Azure for your cruise of the idyllic Douro Valley.
Enjoy on board activities such as traditional tile painting, or simply relax as your luxurious Scenic Space-Ship meanders its way to Regua where you have the chance to explore the Douro Museum at your leisure. Learn about the culture, history and identity of the people living in this wine-growing region of the Douro Valley.
Freechoice: Tour the elegant town of Lamego, with its many fine Baroque structures such as the Shrine of our Lady of Remedies and the Lamego museum, both of which you will get the opportunity to visit. Alternatively enjoy a guided visit of the iconic Mateus Palace, which graces the labels of its famous rosé.
Enjoy a full afternoon cruising the World Heritage-listed Vinhateiro wine region as you continue towards Spain.
Freechoice: Take your time absorbing the architectural splendour of Salamanca. Alternatively, you may choose to visit the Portuguese village, Freixo de Espada à Cinta for a guided tour and visit to their silk museum followed by a home hosted lunch.
Freechoice: Visit the award winning Côa Valley Museum or, if you’re a little more adventurous at heart, take a canoeing excursion on the Sabor River. Alternatively, join the ‘Tastes of the Côa Valley’ excursion and sample some of the regions produce such as jams,marmalades and sugared almonds.
Visit the remarkable village of Provesende, showcasing the Portugal of yesteryear. Wander the atmospheric streets of this quaint village with the locals as they proudly introduce you to their way of life – an experience exclusive for Scenic guests.
Enrich: The beauty of São Francisco Church is sure to impress. The facade is a mixture of Gothic and Baroque architecture, while the interior glows with intricate wood carvings covered in gold. Witness a spectacular private concert in these wondrous surroundings.
Discover the historic treasures of Porto, including a visit to Palacio da Bolsa, a neoclassical-style building that started construction in 1842 and took over 65 years to complete.
Freechoice: Tour Guimarães, the seat of the first King of Portugal, including the impressive Ducal Palace, or enjoy a tasting in the fairytale environs of Quinta da Aveleda
After breakfast, transfer to Porto airport for your flight to the UK.
|21 April 2022||£3,145|
|28 April 2022||£3,619|
|27 August 2022||£3,445|
|30 October 2022||£2,645|
|6 November 2022||£2,245|
- Extend your River Cruise with a 3 night stay in Madrid. Ask the team more details
- Save up to £2,000 per couple, free VIP chauffeur transfers & free deposit protection
- Return flights from a selection of up to 16 UK airports with a choice of airlines
- 1 exclusive Scenic Enrich experience
- Your choice of 7 Scenic Freechoice activities
- 7 Nights on board a 5-star Scenic Space-Ship
- 20 superb meals: including 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 7 dinners
- All your drinks wherever, whenever whilst on board your cruise
- An on-board butler service for every guest
- Unforgettable once-in-a-lifetime events
- Breath-taking excursions hosted by local expert guides
- Tipping, transfers, port charges and airport taxes worth £440 per couple
- Complimentary WiFi