Magic of the Nile 2022 Saga River Cruise
Along the banks of the Nile lie some of the finest archaeological sites in the world. Marvel at Egypt's ancient treasures, including the Valley of the Kings, on this rewarding journey aboard a luxury river cruise ship. Experienced guides sailing with you will join included excursions and help provide a deeper insight into the sites you visit.
Fly to Luxor and transfer to the locally rated 5-star Sonesta St George Hotel, for a three-night stay on a full-board basis.
Enjoy the day at leisure.
Today is at leisure to enjoy the hotel facilities or explore independently. Alternatively, join an optional excursion to Denderah.
Travel to the port and embark your all-inclusive Nile cruise ship.
You’ll remain moored here overnight so you can enjoy an included excursion to Luxor’s Ancient Egyptian temple complex, and perhaps an optional excursion to Luxor’s West Bank, the gateway to the amazing Valley of the Kings.
Tour the West Bank and the Valley of the Kings, where 62 rock-cut tombs of the Pharaohs have been unearthed, including that of Ramses VI. Next, visit Hatshepsut Temple, the two Colossi of Memnon and Tutankhamun's Tomb. Later you sail to Edfu, where you will moor overnight.
Sail to Kom Ombo and visit Kom Ombo Temple, which is split in two and built on a high dune overlooking the Nile. Continue to Aswan where you will remain until the morning.
Discover the Aswan High Dam, then travel by boat to Agilka Island where one of the most beautiful temples, the Temple of Philae, was relocated. You'll also visit the fascinating Nubian Museum today. Perhaps enjoy an optional sound and light show here this evening. Moor overnight in Aswan.
Enjoy the morning at leisure in this enchanting riverside city, or perhaps join an optional excursion to Abu Simbel, which dates back to 1264 BC. This afternoon, an included excursion takes you on a short ride by felucca to the botanical gardens on Kitchener’s Island, a peaceful paradise of exotic birds and colourful flowers. You will stay on board in Aswan overnight.
Enjoy a leisurely day cruising back to Luxor via Kom Ombo, Edfu and Esna.
View the temples of Karnak on an included excursion. The site is a vast complex with three main temples and seven smaller ones, which are thought to cover the entire site of the ancient city of Thebes. Perhaps join an optional excursion to a Sound and Light show.
Travel to the airport for your return flight to the UK.
|Date||Price from (pp)|
- 7 nights all inclusive on board cruise ship
- On board MV Livingstone, there will be bathrobes and slippers, fruit and water on arrival
- Tea and coffee-making facilities replenished daily in your cabin
- Local wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner (on board Livingstone only)
- Free bar open 11 hours a day on board ship
- 3 nights full board at hotel
- Two local drinks with lunch and dinner during hotel stay
- Local wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner (on board Livingstone, only)
- Optional travel insurance or price reduction of £71 if not required
- Return flights and transfers
- Saga tour manager
- Welcome drink reception
- Porterage aboard the ship
- Tourist visa for full British Citizens resident in the UK
- The Valley of the Kings and Tutankhamun's Tomb
- Tomb of Ramses VI
- Hatshepsut Temple and the Colossi of Memnon
- Temples of Karnak and Luxor
- Kom Ombo Temple ruins
- Visiting Aswan High Dam
- Visit the Nubian Museum in Aswan
- Temple of Philae visit
- Traditional Felucca cruise to the botanical gardens on Kitchener's Island