Grand Cruise of the Rhine, Moselle and Main 2020 Saga River Cruise
This cruise travels the length of the Rhine and on two of its biggest tributaries – the Moselle and Main – revealing the characteristic sights of their banks – castles, vineyards and lively Frankfurt respectively.
Travel by coach from Folkestone to Arnhem via Eurotunnel or ferry. Embark Dutch Melody and enjoy a welcome receptionand dinner on board. Cruise overnight towards Bonn.
Discover the highlights of Bonn on an optional guided walking tour, or explore at your own pace. Sail towards Winningen.
Sail to Cochem on the Moselle. An optional excursion visits the castle, followed by a wine tasting. Depart this evening for Zell.
View the old walls of Zell from the ship. Sail to Bernkastel-Kues, where Renaissance houses line the market square. Moor overnight.
Sail to Trier, Germany’s oldest city. Enjoy an included tour to see the Roman city gateway, Porta Nigra, and the cathedral. Moor overnight.
Cruise to the twin villages of Traben-Trarbach, known as the 'capitals' of the wine region. Enjoy an included wine-tasting. Cruise overnight to Koblenz.
Discover Koblenz' rich history and historic buildings. An optional walking tour includes Ehrenbreitstein Fortress. Cruise overnight towards Frankfurt.
Discover Frankfurt city. An included tour reveals the cathedral, historic Römerburg, the Goethe House and Museum.Cruise overnight.
Arrive early with time to stroll in the the medieval Bavarian town of Miltenberg. Leave Miltenburg after lunch and cruise on to Asschaffenburg, arriving late afternoon and mooring here overnight.
Spend the morning in the city known as 'Bavarian Nice' thanks to its sunny climate and lively cultural scene. Admire Johannisburg Palace and the old quarter. Cruise towards Strasbourg late morning.
Explore Strasbourg’s cobbled streets, early houses and Gothic cathedral on an included tour and canal cruise. Depart this evening.
Discover the wine town of Rüdesheim, or join an optional excursion to Siegfried’s Museum of Mechanical Music. Cruise to Oberwesel, with its medieval wall and castle. Moor here overnight.
Spend the morning in Andernach. Perhaps see its famous geyser on an optional excursion. Cruise towards Amsterdam.
Arrive in Amsterdam late morning. Perhaps enjoy an optional city coach tour and canal cruise. Moor overnight.
Disembark Dutch Melody after breakfast for your return journey to the UK.
|Date||Price from (pp)|
|15 June 2020||£2,399|
|13 July 2020||£2,249|
|07 September 2020||£2,399|
- Savings of up to £500pp on selected cabin grades if booked by 9th August
- VIP door-to-door travel service from anywhere on the UK mainland
- Low Deposit Offer: Pay just a £99 per person deposit when you book by 31 August 2019!*
- Optional travel insurance or a price reduction of £54 if not required†
- Return flights and transfers
- 41 meals: 14 breakfasts, 13 lunches and 14 dinners
- Wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Captain’s dinner and drinks reception
- Saga Cruise Host and a Saga Cruise Assistant on board
- Excursions & visits: Coach and walking tour of Trier, Wine tasting in Traben-Trarbach, Tour of Frankfurt, Strasbourg tour and canal cruise
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board
- Entertainment and activities on the ship