Medieval Germany 2019 Riviera Travel River Cruise
Medieval Germany in its purest form, cruise the Main and Danube discovering the aptly named Romantic Road, the twisting streets of medieval Bamberg, enchanting Rothenburg and Nuremberg.
Fly to Frankfurt and transfer to the ship in Mainz.
Explore the Roman city of Mainz with its 12th-century cathedral and museum dedicated to Gutenberg, the father of modern printing, before an afternoon at leisure on board.
Visit pretty medieval Miltenberg before cruising on to delightful Wertheim, where you have time to explore this undiscovered gem with its lovely castle and Old Town.
This afternoon enjoy a guided tour of Bavarian Würzburg, impressively situated on the banks of the Main.
After breakfast, take a drive along the Romantic Road to hilltop Rothenburg with its marvellous views. This afternoon wander the medieval town of Marktbreit.
After a relaxing morning on board, moor in the beautiful UNESCO listed Bamberg and have a guided tour before joining the Main- Danube Canal for more spectacularly scenic cruising.
Spend another morning on board at leisure taking in the stunning views. Later enjoy a guided tour of Nuremberg, an intriguing Bavarian city steeped in history.
Transfer to Munich airport for your return flight home.
|29 May 2019 (in reverse)||£1,749|
|5 June 2019||£1,999|
|12 June 2019 (in reverse)||£1,699|
|19 June 2019||£1,999|
|26 June 2019 (in reverse)||£1,919|
|29 August 2019||£1,769|
|5 September 2019 (in reverse)||£1,849|
|12 September 2019||£1,849|
|19 September 2019 (in reverse)||£1,849|
|26 September 2019||£1,649|
|3 October 2019 (in reverse)||£1,499|
- Return flights from the UK - regional airports are available but may carry a supplement
- 7 nights on board MS Jane Austen
- All meals on board from dinner on your day of arrival until breakfast on your day of departure, including welcome cocktails and dinner, plus the Captain’s Dinner
- 8 visits and tours including guided tours of Bamberg, Würzburg and Nuremberg; and visits to Rothenburg, Mainz, Wertheim and Miltenberg
- Complimentary on-board tea & coffee
- Five-star service from an English-speaking crew and knowledgeable local guides
- Complimentary on-board Wi-Fi
- Services of a Riviera Travel cruise director and tour manager
- All port charges, airport taxes and overseas transfers
- No surcharges guaranteed
- For all 2019 departures you can now purchase a drinks package, at a cost of £109 per person.
- Draught beer; non-alcoholic beer; soft drinks; juices; red, white and rose house wines; and wine recommendations from the menu are included with lunch & dinner.
- The drinks package must be purchased prior to departure. Ask the team for more information