Rhine Discovery: Amsterdam, Floriade EXPO & Antwerp 2022 A-ROSA River Cruise
Embark A-ROSA’s new eco-friendly ship in Cologne, which switches to battery power enabling it to arrive and leave every port emission-free. It is the only ship on the Rhine with four decks, offering guests more spacious cabins, a large spa and a vast amount of communal space to relax in and enjoy.
Your first port of call is the Golden Age canal city of Amsterdam, where you’ll enjoy an included canal cruise before an unforgettable trip to the Floriade Horticultural EXPO 2022 the following day. Continue your cruise the next day to maritime gem Rotterdam for the night and the chance to explore this fascinating, innovative city. The new E-Motion ship then continues to Dordrecht, one of the oldest cities in the Netherlands. Moor here for the day, and wander along the quaint waterways, perhaps stopping for a coffee at one of the city’s numerous charming riverside cafés.
Sail overnight to Belgian Antwerp, with the remarkable Grote Markt square at its medieval heart, for a final day spent ashore, before the vessel departs in the late afternoon, spending the following day on the water before returning to Cologne.
Travel to Cologne, where you’ll embark the stunning, new A-ROSA E-motion at the quayside. Perhaps take a stroll through the city before you depart in the late afternoon or choose from a series of exciting optional excursions that will lift the veil on this historic city. Board your ship, meet your hosts, dine when you wish at the gourmet buffet and maybe enjoy a nightcap before turning in.
Overnight, you’ll sail to Amsterdam.
Arrive in Amsterdam at lunchtime, where the boat will moor until the following evening. Step ashore and explore Amsterdam's canals and narrow streets, step-gabled houses and cobbled squares under your own steam, before an included canal cruise this evening. As your boat glides across the water, you’ll drift past picturesque house fronts, narrow lanes, magnificent historical buildings and under many wonderful bridges. Amsterdam’s network of historic canals, which cover around 60 miles, is best seen at night, when the city’s twinkling lights are reflected on the water.
Today you will enjoy an included half-day excursion to nearby Almere, the venue of the Floriade International Horticultural EXPO 2022. This event takes place once every ten years, each time in a different location, so today will be a very special day. Step into a sea of scents and colours, as you enjoy the greenest day out and explore 40 inspirational country displays, a spectacular greenhouse complex, take a stunning cable car over the Expo, and discover pavilions showcasing the latest sustainable innovations and a vibrant arts and culture programme. After a wonderful experience, make the short journey back to your ship by coach.
Later tonight, we set sail for Rotterdam.
Early this morning, you’ll arrive at maritime gem Rotterdam, home of Europe’s largest seaport. The ship will moor here overnight and depart early the following morning, allowing you ample opportunities to explore, perhaps visiting the Hortus Botanical Garden, the Netherlands’ oldest gardens.
After an early sailing, you’ll arrive at Dordrecht this morning, one of the Netherlands’ lesser-known and oldest cities. Spend the day exploring, perhaps strolling along its picturesque waterways stopping for a coffee at one of the many riverside cafés. Why not visit the National Park de Biesbosch, an untouched birdwatchers’ haven, before your ship departs in the evening?
Step ashore this morning at Antwerp in Belgium, ‘Diamond Capital of the World’. Centred around the impressive Grote Markt square, a masterpiece of Flemish Renaissance architecture, Antwerp’s medieval heart is a maze of café-lined cobbled streets. Spend the day at your leisure, or, if you are interested,take a visit to the nearby Gardens of Chris Ghyselen, a well-known Belgian landscape architect, before your ship departs in the early evening.
Enjoy a day on the water as E-motion cruises toward Cologne. Sit back, relax and make the most of the ship’s many facilities, activities, afternoon tea and entertainment as you admire the passing scenery on the final full day of your cruise.
This morning you’ll arrive back in Cologne, completing a wonderful cruise. Disembark after breakfast and begin your journey back to the UK.
|Date||Fares from (pp)|
|11 June 2022||£2,579|
|17 September 2022||£2,499|
- 7 nights' Premium Inclusive cruise accommodation
- Included half-day excursion to the Floriade Horticultural EXPO 2022
- Return travel from the UK
- Included coach transfers to the ship
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- On-board activities and entertainment
- Gourmet buffet dining with live cooking stations
- Flexible mealtimes
- A FREE unlimited Premium Inclusive drinks package including water, soft drinks, speciality teas and coffees, beer, wine, spirits and cocktails throughout the day and evening
- Occasional regional treats and specialities to complement your destination that day
- Afternoon tea with freshly prepared cakes and pastries
- 15 per cent off on a range of beauty and wellness treatments in the on-board spa, SPA-ROSA
- The services of a Cruise Director and experienced English-speaking crew
- All port taxes and surcharges
- Brand new eco-friendly ship for 2022
- Cruise to vibrant Dutch capital Amsterdam for an overnight stay and included canal cruise
- Moor overnight at maritime gem Rotterdam
- Step ashore at Belgian Antwerp, known as the ‘Diamond Capital of the World’
- Embark the magnificent eco-friendly A-ROSA E-motion in historic Cologne
- Spend an unforgettable day at the Floriade Horticultural EXPO on an included excursion
- Explore Dordrecht, one of the Netherlands’ oldest cities
- Gardening and horticulture enthusiasts can visit gardens at each port of call