Rhine Christmas Markets 2022 A-ROSA River Cruise
As your A-ROSA river cruiser carries you away from Cologne overnight, you'll have time to unwind and enjoy all the benefits of your Premium Inclusive package. Whether that means cocktails and conversation at the bar, a leisurely meal from the gourmet buffet or treating yourself to a little extra luxury and a pre-booked private meal in the elegant dining room, your time will be yours to fill as you please.
After a morning cruising south on the Rhine, you’ll spend an afternoon and evening exploring lively Mainz, before calling at historic Speyer, Germany’s oldest planned medieval town, the following day. Continuing your journey south, you’ll stop at Alsace capital Strasbourg, home to Europe’s oldest Christmas market. Make a final stop at picturesque Koblenz, which sits on the confluence of the Moselle and Rhine, as you head back to Cologne.
Travel to Germany and head down to the banks of the Rhine where your A-ROSA river cruise ship waits, ready to get underway this afternoon.
After a day sailing upriver, A-ROSA AQUA arrives in Mannheim, this afternoon. This lively city guards the point where the River Neckar joins the Rhine and has a delightful Christmas market for you to explore. Choose to join an optional excursion to one of Germany's must-see destinations - the beautiful city of Heidelberg
This evening, A-ROSA AQUA will set sail once again, heading upriver to Strasbourg.
You'll arrive in Strasbourg not long after breakfast, and will have the day and evening to explore this beautiful city. Marvel at the city's soaring Gothic cathedral, stroll through the winding alleys of the Petite France quarter past lovely half-timbered houses, and browse the festive stalls of its famous Christmas market.
At noon, today, you'll arrive in Mainz, the capital of the Rhineland-Palatinate, once the site of a Roman border fort, and the city where Johannes Gutenburg set up his first printing press in the 1450s. An included walking tour will help to bring the city to life, and you'll also have time to explore the 100-or-so stalls of the city's Christmas market, before re-boarding your A-ROSA ship for the overnight cruise back to Cologne.
Say goodbye to all your newfound friends, this morning, as you begin your journey home.
|Date||Fares from (pp)|
|6 December 2022||£949|
|14 December 2022||£909|
- 4 nights' Premium Inclusive cruise accommodation
- Return travel from the UK
- Included coach transfers to the ship
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- On-board activities and entertainment
- Gourmet buffet dining with live cooking stations
- Flexible mealtimes
- A FREE unlimited Premium Inclusive drinks package including water, soft drinks, speciality teas and coffees, beer, wine, spirits and cocktails throughout the day and evening
- Occasional regional treats and specialities to complement your destination that day
- Afternoon tea with freshly prepared cakes and pastries
- 15 per cent off on a range of beauty and wellness treatments in the on-board spa, SPA-ROSA
- The services of a Cruise Director and experienced English-speaking crew
- All port taxes and surcharges
- Four visits and tours
- Sail south through the UNESCO-listed Rhine Gorge
- An evening call in Mannheim
- Strasbourg, home to France's oldest Christmas Market