Danube Christmas Markets 2022 A-ROSA River Cruise
As your A-ROSA river cruiser carries you away from Cologne overnight, you'll have time to unwind and enjoy all the benefits of your Premium Inclusive package. Whether that means cocktails and conversation at the bar, a leisurely meal from the gourmet buffet or treating yourself to a little extra luxury and a pre-booked private meal in the elegant dining room, your time will be yours to fill as you please.
After a morning cruising south on the Rhine, you’ll spend an afternoon and evening exploring lively Mainz, before calling at historic Speyer, Germany’s oldest planned medieval town, the following day. Continuing your journey south, you’ll stop at Alsace capital Strasbourg, home to Europe’s oldest Christmas market. Make a final stop at picturesque Koblenz, which sits on the confluence of the Moselle and Rhine, as you head back to Cologne.
Travel to Munich, then board your included transfer and cross the Austrian border to Engelhartszell where your contemporary A-ROSA vessel will be waiting, ready to get underway this afternoon. Alternatively, make your own way from home to the ship, in your own time, in time to embark.
After a morning cruising through the stunning scenery of the Wachau Valley and eastwards down the Danube, A-ROSA DONNA will arrive in Vienna. Discover the city's Baroque palaces, historic churches and museums, elegant shopping arcades and pleasant open spaces on an included tour, then head out to explore. Stroll streets adorned with festive lights, browse the stalls of the city's Christmas markets searching for that perfect gift, or settle into the elegant warmth of one of the many historic Viennese coffee houses.
Pick up where you left off yesterday as you head back into Vienna. Wander the elegant, pedestrianised Innere Stadt, perhaps climb to the spire of Stephansdom, Vienna's majestic Gothic cathedral, or continue your search for hand-crafted gifts at the Christmas markets. Alternatively, join today's optional trip to the Schonbrunn Palace. This magnificent building was an Imperial summer home, and once echoed with the music of the young Mozart. In the run up to Christmas the great courtyard is home to a colourful Christkindlmarkt offering still more festive gifts and treats. Vienna's festive atmosphere and seemingly endless stunning landmarks are so enchanting you won't want to leave when the time comes for A-ROSA DONNA to depart this evening.
You'll arrive in Linz this afternoon. Stroll through the picturesque Christmas market on Hauptplatz, the city's main square, stop for coffee and cake, or ride the Postlingbergbahn mountain tramway to the top of the small mountain that dominates the north of the city. Explore, relax and enjoy all the choices on offer before A-ROSA DONNA departs just before midnight.
Say goodbye to A-ROSA DONNA and your new friends as you disembark in Engelhartszell, and begin your journey home.
|Date||Fares from (pp)|
|7 December 2022||£999|
|15 December 2022||£945|
- 4 nights' Premium Inclusive cruise accommodation
- Return travel from the UK
- Included coach transfers to the ship
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- On-board activities and entertainment
- Gourmet buffet dining with live cooking stations
- Flexible mealtimes
- A FREE unlimited Premium Inclusive drinks package including water, soft drinks, speciality teas and coffees, beer, wine, spirits and cocktails throughout the day and evening
- Occasional regional treats and specialities to complement your destination that day
- Afternoon tea with freshly prepared cakes and pastries
- 15 per cent off on a range of beauty and wellness treatments in the on-board spa, SPA-ROSA
- The services of a Cruise Director and experienced English-speaking crew
- All port taxes and surcharges
- Four visits and tours
- Cruise through the scenic Wachau Valley
- An overnight stay in Vienna, and an included city tour
- Explore the Austrian capital and its Christmas markets
- A call at cosmopolitan Linz
- Special festive meals and entertainment on board