Classic Danube Explorer 2022 A-ROSA River Cruise
Immerse yourself in the Danube's history and culture as you spend two days in stunning Vienna, see Hungary's largest church and tallest building – the dome-capped Basilica in Esztergom – and pass another two days exploring the historic capital of Hungary, Budapest. Enjoy a day in Bratislava, Slovakia, before sailing back past Vienna overnight to spend a morning cruising though the glorious scenery of the Wachau Valley to Melk.
Travel to Engelhartszell near Passau, where you'll begin your A-ROSA Danube cruise. Settle in to your cabin and explore the ship, ready for departure in the early evening.
After a lovely morning meandering down the Danube, you'll arrive in the Austrian capital, Vienna, around lunchtime. This bustling cultural and economic centre will be brought to life by an included city tour. Discover why it is known as the 'City of Music', and explore streets and squares lined with a wonderful blend of classical and more modern architecture. Or simply explore or relax at your leisure.
Spend another day exploring Vienna's endless sights and landmarks. Sample the local Gruner Veltliner wines, chat with new friends and locals in an authentic Viennese cafe or soak up the culture in a few of Vienna's 100-plus art galleries and museums. A visit to the 1000-room Schonbrunn Palace is a must, for it's where a young Mozart first enthralled astonished listeners with his extraordinary musical prowess. After a wonderful two days, A-ROSA DONNA sets sail again in the early evening, heading east into Hungary
A lively day of exploration lies ahead. Arrive early at small but historic Esztergom, one of the oldest towns in Hungary. Visit the impressive Esztergom Basilica, which dominates the town skyline, and then return to the ship in time to depart before lunchtime.
In the mid afternoon you'll arrive in beautiful Budapest. Stroll through the streets on an included city tour, take in the neo-Gothic architecture, perhaps visit the newly reopened Museum of Fine Arts, which holds one of the most extensive collections of European art in the world, or just relax in a quaint cafe or bar.
Enjoy a second day in Budapest, perhaps continuing to explore the city's many cultural attractions. With so many museums and galleries, fashionable stores and restaurants on offer, your biggest chore will be deciding which to choose. The ship leaves this evening to begin the long, relaxed cruise back up the Danube.
Cruise through the Iron Gates and experience one of the most awe-inspiring natural wonders you will encounter on this cruise. Your ship will ribbon its way through the series of gorges between Serbia and Romania.
After a memorably picturesque cruise through Austria's Wachau Valley, you will arrive in Melk in the early afternoon. This city is dominated by the spectacular hill-top structures of Melk Abbey, and is home to stunning medieval architecture as well as charming shops, bars and cafes.
You'll have a few hours of free time before A-ROSA DONNA leaves Melk and cruises back out into the Danube. Watch the banks drift past from the top deck in the late afternoon sun, and enjoy your last evening on board.
You'll arrive back in Passau early this morning. Disembark A-ROSA DONNA to begin your journey home.
|Date||Fares from (pp)|
|9 April 2022||£1,609|
|7 May 2022||£2,045|
|21 May 2022||£2,045|
|11 June 2022||£2,075|
|25 June 2022||£2,075|
|16 July 2022||£2,075|
|13 August 2022||£2,089|
|10 September 2022||£2,059|
|24 September 2022||£2,059|
|15 October 2022||£1,599|
- 7 nights' Premium Inclusive cruise accommodation
- Six visits and tours
- Return travel from the UK
- Included coach transfers to the ship
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- On-board activities and entertainment
- Gourmet buffet dining with live cooking stations
- Flexible mealtimes
- A FREE unlimited Premium Inclusive drinks package including water, soft drinks, speciality teas and coffees, beer, wine, spirits and cocktails throughout the day and evening
- Occasional regional treats and specialities to complement your destination that day
- Afternoon tea with freshly prepared cakes and pastries
- 15 per cent off on a range of beauty and wellness treatments in the on-board spa, SPA-ROSA
- The services of a Cruise Director and experienced English-speaking crew
- All port taxes and surcharges
- Six visits and tours
- A morning call in Hungary's Esztergom
- A visit to the Slovakian capital, Bratislava
- An afternoon call in Melk, site of the famous Abbey
- An overnight stay and included guided tour in Vienna
- A scenic passage through the Wachau Valley
- An overnight stay and included guided tour in Budapest