Christmas Time on the Rhine 2022 Emerald Cruises River Cruise
Sail through Germany’s beloved wine region, visit the spa town of Baden Baden and stroll the fairytale streets of Kehl. Explore the enchanting Black Forest region and enjoy traditional Christmas carols on board.
Welcome to Germany! You will be met at the airport by your EW representatives and transferred to your Emerald Cruises luxury river cruise ship in Mainz. After comfortably settling into your cabins, enjoy some time at your leisure to explore this city located at the heart of the Rhine wine region. Mainz will captivate you with its quite incomparable lifestyle, its unique charm and its openness to the world. You will be able to immerse yourself in this unique atmosphere as you wander round the Market Square, in the middle of which stands the Heunensäule, a sandstone column commemorating the history of Mainz, erected in 1975 on the occasion of the Cathedral millennium celebrations. You'll return on board and sail along the most beautiful stretch of the romantic Rhine River
This morning, embark on a visit to the enchanting town of Baden Baden, surrounded by the mountains of the Black Forest. This famous spa town blends health and history to create the ideal Germany getaway. You will enter the most beautiful casino, featuring jaw-dropping decor that is influenced by French royal palaces. After lunch, you will have the opportunity to discover the baroque city of Rastatt on your own, whether you want to visit the Residential Palace, just stroll along historical sites and enjoy a coffee, or join our optional tour to Baden Baden Opera House.
Included Excursion: Baden Baden guided tour with entrance to the Casino
DiscoverMORE: Behind the Scene of Baden Baden Opera House (extra expense)
After breakfast, join us for a tour following the Pottery Trail with its picturesque villages in the Alsace region. Enjoy lunch on board and get ready to come with us, this afternoon, to the capital of the Alsace region, Strasbourg. Discover the charms of the old city with cobbled streets lined up with timber-framed houses that survived for hundreds of years. Enjoy the magical atmosphere of the city decorated with garlands and Christmas decoration with your included tour of the Christmas market. Return to the ship and spend the night onboard.
Included Tour: Visit to Pottery villages
Included Tour: Guided tour of Strasbourg
Start your day with a visit to the “Jewel of the Black Forest” and discover the reconstructed medieval old town of Freiburg, this vibrant city situated at the edge of the Black Forest. Learn about its history and its local products during your included tour. The afternoon is all yours to explore and discover Breisach and its Christmas market at your own pace, or join us on our DiscoverMore program to visit Colmar and discover the magic of one of the most impressive French Christmas markets. You will return on board for a Christmas evening concert and dinner.
Included Excursion: Guided tour of Strasbourg
DiscoverMORE: Visit to Colmar
EmeraldPLUS: Christmas concert on board
Enjoy one last buffet breakfast on board before disembarking your Star-Ship and your transferring to the airport.
This itinerary is a guide only and may be amended for operational reasons such as high and low water. As such, the cruise may operate altered from that stated above.
|Date||Fares from (pp)|
|12 December 2022^||£1,415|
|16 December 2022||£1,295|
- Save up to £1,600 per couple plus €200 onboard credit per cabin
- Save an extra 10% on selected cabin grades when you pay in full 12 months before departure*
- Return economy flights from London, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow or Edinburgh. Call for details on regional departures
- 4 nights on board an Emerald Cruises Star-Ship
- 11 superb meals including 4 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 4 Dinners including a Welcome and Farewell Reception & Dinner
- 4 Exciting shore excursions
- Complimentary wine, beer and soft drinks to accompany lunch and dinner
- Complimentary tea and coffee on-board
- Complimentary bottled water in your Suite or Stateroom re-stocked daily
- A variety of on-board evening entertainment
- First-class service from English-speaking crew and knowledgeable local guides
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on-board (restrictions apply)
- All port charges, airport taxes & transfers within Europe
- All tips included