Lower Danube Waltz 2019 Emerald Waterways River Cruise
Beautiful Vienna is the perfect introduction to your wonderful journey down the Danube. Tour the Austrian capital's main attractions, before enjoying a guided tour of quirky Budapest. Sail to the Hungarian-Croatian border to Pécs, marvelling at its renowned architecture, and join a local Croatian family for lunch in their home, while in Osijek. In northern Serbia, Novi Sad is home to the 17th century Petrovaradin Fortress, and Belgrade promises an insight into some of Serbia's hidden gems.
Welcome to Vienna, the capital of classical music, embark your Emerald Waterways luxury river cruise ship and where you will be welcomed by your Captain and crew.
Today you have a choice of either exploring Austria’s capital beginning with a drive along the magnificent Ringstrasse, where we will see Vienna’s world-famous Opera House, Burgtheatre, Spanish Riding School, Town Hall, St. Stephen’s Cathedral and the Hofburg Imperial Palace. If you feel active, join the guided bike tour instead of the drive around and guided walk.
Included excursion: Drive around the Ringstrasse and a guided walk through Vienna’s city centre OR
EmeraldACTIVE: Guided bike Tour
Discover More: Tastes of Vienna (extra expense)
Budapest is Eastern Europe’s liveliest and most cosmopolitan city. Enjoy a guided tour of the city sights including the Hungarian Parliament Building, the Buda Castle and the Chain Bridge linking Buda and Pest or an exciting hike on the Buda Hill. This evening the ship will take you for a night–time cruise along the Danube, passing under the city’s numerous bridges, whilst enjoying a traditional Hungarian farewell dinner, complete with folk dancing and music.
Included excursions: Guided Bus Tour of Budapest OR
EmeraldACTIVE: A guided hike to Buda Hill
EmeraldPLUS: Traditional Hungarian Folklore Show & Budapest Evening Cruise
Today you will sail to the Hungarian border with Croatia to visit the picturesque town of Pecs. This town was founded by the Romans and it is known for its architectural landmarks such as the Early Christian Mausoleum, which features frescoed tombsm, the Vast Pécs Cathedral towers over central Szent István Square and the domed Mosque of Pasha Gazi Kasim.
Included: Guided tour of Pecs
Discover More: Visit to the Zsolnay Porcelain Museum (extra expense)
Osijek is an area that was heavily damaged during the Croatian War of Independence at the end of the communist era. Compare stories back at the ship and enjoy an evening of sailing further down the Danube into Serbia, where remnants of former conflicts can be regularly seen along the river banks.
Included excursion: Guided Tour of Osijek
EmeraldPLUS: Home Hosted Lunch with a Croatian Family
EmeraldPLUS: Local School Visit
Novi Sad located northeast of Serbia, is consider a hidden gem on the banks of the Danube River. One of the main attractions, standing atop a riverside bluff, the Petrovaradin Fortress dates to the 17th and 18th centuries, with an iconic clock tower and a network of tunnels. Across the river is the old quarter, Stari Grad, site of the Gothic Revival Name of Mary Church and the neo-Renaissance City Hall.
Included excursion: Guided tour of Novi Sad
Serbia's vibrant capital awaits today, your city tour includes a visit to Tito's Memorial, the impressive Fortress Kalemegdan and St Sava Church which is the world's largest orthodox cathedral.
Included excursion: Guided Tour of Belgrade
Discover More: National Opera Theatre Tour (extra expense)
EmeraldACTIVE: Guided Biking Tour.
EmeraldPLUS: Serbian Folklore Evening Show
After breakfast, it is time to farewell your fellow passengers and disembark the ship for your transfer to the airport.
|Date||Fares from (pp)|
|03 August 2019||£2,395 Cat B Balcony Suite|
|10 August 2019 (in reverse)||£2,395 Cat B Balcony Suite|
- Savings of up to £1,000 per person
- Receive unlimited free drinks when booking a Balcony Suite!*
- Return economy flights from up to 16 UK airports, subject to availability.
- 7 Nights accommodation on board an Emerald Waterways 'Star Ship'
- 20 superb meals including 7 Breakfasts , 6 Lunches , 7 Dinners
- 6 Shore excursions, including visits to several UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- 4 EmeraldPLUS activities including lunch in the home of a local Croatian family
- 3 EmeraldACTIVE activities
- Captain’s Welcome & Farewell Gala Dinner
- Complimentary wine, beer and soft drinks to accompany lunch and dinner
- Complimentary tea and coffee on-board
- Complimentary bottled water in your Suite or Stateroom re-stocked daily
- A variety of on-board evening entertainment
- First-class service from English-speaking crew and knowledgeable local guides
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on-board (restrictions apply)
- All port charges, airport taxes & transfers within Europe
- All tips included, saving you up to £235 per couple