Avalon Waterways Tulip Time River Cruise 2019
Cruise the tranquil, open landscapes of Holland and Belgium and marvel at Keukenhof's magnificent spring flowers and the wooden windmills of Kinderdijk on this memorable river cruise. Enjoy an orientation walk in Veere, a canal cruise in cosmopolitan Amsterdam, and see the sights with Local Guides in Antwerp, Ghent and Middelburg
Your day in Amsterdam is free to explore at your leisure. You may choose to join a Guided Optional Excursion to beautiful Zaanse Schans where you’ll see a wonderful collection of well-preserved historic windmills and Dutch houses. Enjoy dinner and explore the ship on your first night on board.
This morning cruise through Rotterdam harbour. Take some free time to relax on the harbour-side in Rotterdam with an artisan beer, a slice of appeltart (Dutch apple pie), and a koffie verkeerd, a typical Dutch drink of half coffee, half milk. Take a bike from your ship to explore Rotterdam and the surrounding area. Later, enjoy live entertainment on board.
Classic Excursion: Join a full— or half-day guided tour of breathtaking Keukenhof—known as the “Garden of Europe”—for its 70 acres of lush parkland, lakes, and the world’s largest flower gardens—with more than seven million tulips, daffodils and hyacinths as well as other bulbs, planted each year.
Enjoy an afternoon excursion to Gouda. You’ll join a guided tour of the town famous for the Dutch yellow cheese that bears its name—as well as stroopwafels (syrup waffles), Gouda candles, and the beautiful city centre.
Gothic Cathedral, Crêpes, and Waffles in Artful Antwerp CLASSIC Take a guided tour of this sophisticated city to visit the central Grote Markt, lined with 16th-century guildhall houses. You’ll also see the beautiful city hall, the Cathedral of Our Lady with its stunning altarpiece paintings by Rubens. You may choose to join a guided optional excursion to the nearby capital, Brussels—considered home to the European Union, and admire its magnificent palaces and cathedrals. You might prefer to take time on your own to indulge in Antwerp’s signature Belgian waffles and crêpes—or explore this bike-friendly city from its old wharfs to its legendary diamond district. Later, enjoy live entertainment on board.
Ghent’s Cobblestones, Canals, and Cosmopolitan Charisma You’ll have time for an early—morning walk (or jog) to explore the architecture and canals of Ghent—“Belgium’s best-kept secret.” classic Explore Ghent—“The Diamond of Flanders” with a guided sightseeing tour of this showcase of medieval Flemish wealth. You’ll visit St. Bavo’s Cathedral with its remarkable Flemish artwork. You may choose to join a guided optional excursion of Bruges to explore its canals, cobbled streets, and medieval buildings. You’ll see its crisscrossed canals, the 13th-century belfry of Market Square, and charming patrician houses.
Spend some free time biking or walking through Middelburg to sample Babbelaar cookies, fries, or beer before cruising to Veere this afternoon. VEERE The Delta Works Stand Strong as a Technical Marvel
Classic Excursion: Join a guided walking tour of the historic merchant city of Middelburg—with its 15th-century gothic Town Hall. You’ll learn about the spice trade of this Dutch harbour capital of Zeeland, its prosperity in the Dutch East India Company trading, and origins as a stronghold city. Enjoy its winding cobbled streets and canals that circle Old Town.
Discovery Excursion: Join a guided tour of the Delta Works, the largest flood-protection system in the world, and a miracle of modern technology. Later, enjoy live entertainment on board.
Enjoy a free morning on your own to explore the well-preserved fortifications of this historic town.
Active Excursion: Join your Avalon Adventure Host for an Early Run in Willemstad.
Discovery Excursion: Later, enjoy a Cheese Tasting on board as you prepare to sail to Amsterdam.
Take some free time to explore Amsterdam’s colourful streets and canal houses, galleries, and shops.
Classic Excursion: Explore the iconic waterways of Amsterdam on a guided canal cruise past stately homes of Amsterdam’s “Golden Age.”.
Transfer to the airport for your return journey to the UK.
|Date||Price from (pp)|
|23 March 2019||£2,229|
|25 March 2019||£3,665|
|30 March 2019||£3,735|
|01 April 2019||£2,035|
|20 April 2019||£2,469|
|27 April 2019||£2,655|
- Savings of up to £1,850 per couple when you book by 28th February 2019!*
- £49 per person deposit when you book by 31st March 2019
- Complimentary VIP Private Door-to-Door Home Pick-Up Service by Executive Car - Included on all sailings!†
- 7 nights deluxe accommodation in a spacious stateroom with Avalon's exclusive Comfort Collection® style beds, en-suite facilities and river views
- Return Flighs from London. Return Eurostar from St Pancras Rail Station plus a wide range of flights from UK regional airports are also available (A supplement may apply)
- All meals on board including full breakfast , buffet lunch and waiter service evening meal; afternoon tea with cakes and sweet treats; midnight snack, choice of premium teas and coffees & soft drinks throughout the day. Wine and beer is included with lunch and dinner.
- Included excursions and sightseeing trips with Local Guides and a choice of optional tours; headsets provided on excursions
- Services of an experienced Cruise Director
- Gratuities for Cruise Director and crew
- On board lectures, activities and nightly piano music
- Captain's Welcome Reception, Welcome Dinner and Farewell Gala Dinner
- All transfers, local port charges and airport taxes
- Complimentary Wifi (signal permitting)