A Taste Of The Danube 2020 Avalon Waterways River Cruise
Experience history, art, music, and outstanding views from your European cruise on the Danube River, beginning first in Budapest—Hungary’s captivating capital city—with a two night stay before your cruise. Enjoy superior hotel accommodations with complimentary breakfast, an expert Local Guide, and courtesy transfer to your Avalon Suite Ship£\xAE. Enjoy guided sightseeing, including the iconic Heroes Square and Budapest’s spectacular architecture. Take free time to dine, visit Budapest’s famous thermal baths, and enjoy vibrant night life before embarking on your cruise on the Danube River.
Two Nights in Beautiful Budapest! A Day to Discover, Dine, and Unwind in Historic Hungary’s Captivating Capital
Classic Excursion: Take a guided sightseeing tour to see majestic Heroes’ Square and Budapest’s classic sites.
With plenty of free time this afternoon, experience the curative waters of Budapest’s thermal baths, or set out for a hike to explore the countryside on either side of the Danube. Take time to shop for treasures, including handcrafted embroidery, Herend porcelain, or Budapest’s best baked goods.
This evening, secure your reservation for an Optional Dinner with a sumptuous Hungarian food-and-wine-pairing.
Time for Cobblestones, Coffee, and Confections. Spend free time strolling along the cobblestone streets, browsing art galleries, sipping coffee, and sampling sweets before boarding your Danube cruise for a welcome dinner this evening.
Classic Excursion: Join a guided sightseeing tour of Old Town’s cobblestone streets to Town Hall. Visit the Gothic halls of St Martin’s Cathedral –Kingdom of Hungary’s centuries-old coronation church.
Active Excursion: Grab Nordic walking sticks and follow your Avalon Adventure Host on a Hike to Bratislava Castle.
Alternatively, in your free time take a bicycle and a picnic from the ship to explore the local sights along the Danube. Later, enjoy onboard entertainment by local musicians.
Classic Excursion: Join a morning guided sightseeing tour of Melk’s 11th-century Benedictine Abbey. Explore its frescoes, statues, library, and spectacular pipe organ in the monastery’s lofty perch above the Danube.
Active Excursion: Join your Avalon Adventure Host for a hike up the hillside to castle ruins for breathtaking views.
Take a relaxing break on the Sky Deck as you sail through awe–inspiring views through the Wachau Valley and the wine region surrounding Dürnstein. Spend free time in Dürnstein at your leisure or biking through the vineyards in the Wachau Valley.
Classic Excursion: Venture into the Habsburg empire with a morning guided city tour of Vienna’s gilded landmarks. See the Imperial Palace complex–the winter residence of the Imperial Family, the historic Vienna Opera House and stunning St. Stephen’s Cathedral.
Discovery Excursion: Take an early riser walking tour that includes breakfast at a Viennese café followed by an exclusive viewing of the Habsburg family’s private art collection at the Museum of Fine Arts–the perfect start to your stay in Vienna.
Optional tours today include a guided tour of magnificent Schönbrunn Palace, the former imperial summer residence of Habsburg royalty. You may also choose to attend an optional excursion to a Royal Waltz Concert for an unforgettable evening of music in an elegant hall.
Enjoy a free day to explore the city at your own pace. Choose a guided optional hiking or biking tour through the vineyards for an active city and countryside excursion or spend free time with a tram ride to discover the adventure, tradition, and Viennese charm of The Prater Amusement Park. Visit one of Vienna’s marvellous museums and sample authentic Austrian pastries in a local bakery.
This morning, transfers to the airport for your flight to the UK.
|Date||Price from (pp)|
|10 July 2020||£1,198|
|8 September 2020||£1,262|
|15 October 2020||£1,057|
|11 November 2020||£1,585 - Royal Suite|
|24 November 2020||£1,023|
- Complimentary Private Door-to-Door Home Pick-Up Service†
- Return Flights from London. Regional Flights are also available but a supplement may apply. Ask the team for more information
- 3 nights deluxe accommodation in a spacious stateroom
- 2 nights£\xA0at the InterContinental Hotel (or similar), Budapest£\xA0
- 2 nights£\xA0at the InterContinental Hotel (or similar), Vienna
- All meals on board including full breakfast, buffet lunch and waiter service evening meal
- Wine and beer is included with lunch and dinner.
- Afternoon tea with cakes and sweet treats; midnight snack, choice of premium teas and coffees & soft drinks throughout the day
- Buffet breakfasts in Vienna and Budapest hotels
- Excursions and sightseeing trips with local guides and a choice of optional tours; headsets provided on excursions
- Services of an experienced Cruise Director
- Gratuities for Cruise Director and crew
- On board lectures, activities and nightly piano music
- Captain's Welcome Reception, Welcome Dinner and Farewell Gala Dinner
- All transfers, local port charges and airport taxes
- Complimentary Wifi (signal permitting)