Avalon Waterways Festive Season on The Legendary Danube River Cruise
Experience the Christmas markets of the beautiful Blue Danube for a holiday season you’ll never forget. Enjoy free time to explore the Golden City of Prague and its surrounding countryside, and take a Guided City Walk to visit Hradčany Castle Grounds; see St. Vitus Cathedral, and Old Town’s Astronomical Clock, and stroll through the brightly coloured wooden stalls for ornaments and handmade toys and handicrafts.
Enjoy free time to explore the Golden City and its surrounding countryside. Consider sampling delicious plum dumplings and traditional Pilsner lager beside the Vltava River.
Spend the afternoon on your own to browse the exquisite Christmas Markets of Prague. Stroll through the brightly coloured wooden stalls for ornaments and handmade toys and handicrafts.
Classic Excursion: Take a guided city walk to visit Hradčany Castle grounds; see St Vitus Cathedral and Old Town’s astronomical clock.
The morning is free to explore Prague on your own to enjoy the stunning architectural beauty of the city. This afternoon, board your Suite Ship® in Nuremberg and enjoy a dinner on board.
Spend free time on your own to browse the spruce stalls of the Christmas Markets of Nuremberg. Sample favourite Bavarian fare—from dozens of bratwurst varieties, gingerbread, mulled blueberry wine, and countless other culinary delights of the Christkindlmarkt.
Classic Excursion: Choose a guided tour of Nuremberg’s medieval architecture, gilded fountain, gothic cathedral and Kaiserburg Castle, OR Take a guided tour of the historic Nuremberg Rally Grounds - used by the Third Reich.
Discovery Excursion:Enjoy a Christmas Traditions Lecture on board while sailing this afternoon.
Classic Excursion: Join a guided city walk of Old Town to see the Altes Rathaus (Old Town Hall) and Porta Pretoria - built in 179 AD as the entrance to Castra Regina fortress.
Discovery Excursion:Later, indulge in a Beer Tasting on board.
This evening, enjoy live entertainment after dinner before sailing to Passau.
Join a full day guided optional excursion to Salzburg - the city of Mozart and learn how Austrians celebrate Christmas. Sail to Linz this afternoon, or join your ship after your selected full-day excursion. Enjoy a free afternoon to linger in Linz. Take a chance to get off your feet and warm up in one of the many pastry shops and cafés.
Classic Excursion: Join a guided city walk to learn more about this beautiful “City of Three Rivers,”
Classic Excursion: Take a guided tour of Melk’s magnificent Benedictine Abbey to marvel at its frescoed ceilings, statues, incredible library and ornate pipe organ, OR:
Discovery Excursion: Enjoy an Austrian Cookie Tasting while sailing to Vienna.
During lunchtime sail through the picturesque Wachau Valley to Vienna. This evening, you may choose to attend an optional excursion to a Royal Waltz concert for an unforgettable evening of music in an elegant hall.
Join a guided optional excursion to Schönbrunn Palace - a Habsburg Empire summer home for 300 years. Spend free time on your own to enjoy the Christkindlesmarkt, or relax by the fire’s glow in a Viennese café this evening. Later, relax on board with live entertainment as you sail to Budapest.
Classic Excursion: Venture into the Habsburg empire this morning on a guided city tour of Vienna’s gilded landmarks. See the Imperial Palace complex - the winter residence of the Imperial Family, the historic Vienna Opera House and stunning St Stephen’s Cathedral.
Discovery Excursion: Join a Guided Culinary Tour of Vienna’s magical Christmas Advent Markets to sample Sachertorte and Apfelstrudel.
Take in the beauty of Budapest while enjoying a free afternoon exploring such famous sights as the Chain Bridge. Get to know the city’s cafés and pubs, and don’t miss the unique Christmas markets that Budapest hosts every year during the Festive season.
Classic Excursion: Enjoy a guided city sightseeing, including the iconic Heroes’ Square.
Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. Disembark and transfer to the airport for your flight to the UK.
|Date||Cabin||Price from (pp)|
|09 December 2019||Cat E Deluxe Suite||CALL|
|Cat A Panorama Suite||CALL|
|Cat P Panorama Suite||CALL|
- Complimentary Private Door-to-Door Home Pick-Up Service
- 7 nights deluxe accommodation in a spacious stateroom
- Return Flights from London. Regional Flights are also available but a supplement may apply. Ask the team for more information
- 2 nights at the Hilton or InterContinental, Four Seasions or Art Deco Imperial hotels (or similar), Prague
- All meals on board including full breakfast, buffet lunch and waiter service evening meal
- Wine and beer is included with lunch and dinner
- Afternoon tea with cakes and sweet treats; midnight snack, choice of premium teas and coffees & soft drinks throughout the day
- Buffet breakfast at Prague hotel
- Excursions and sightseeing trips with local guides and a choice of optional tours; headsets provided on excursions
- Services of an experienced Cruise Director
- Gratuities for Cruise Director and crew
- On board lectures, activities and nightly piano music
- Captain's Welcome Reception, Welcome Dinner and Farewell Gala Dinner
- All transfers, local port charges and airport taxes
- Complimentary Wifi (signal permitting)