Avalon Waterways Christmastime in Alsace & Germany 2019
This Christmastime river cruise is a unique and unforgettable way to celebrate the season! Board your Avalon Suite Ship® in Wiesbaden, Germany, then sail up the Rhine River to Basel, Switzerland, passing beautiful landscapes and quaint villages festively lit and decorated.
Travel to Frankfurt where you will be met by your Avalon Representative. Welcome to Germany! Your Suite Ship is ready for boarding.
Winter wonders and a wine barrel fit for a king
Classic Excusion: Take a half-day guided tour that includes the magnificent Heidelberg Castle and the Great Vat—the world’s largest wine barrel.
This afternoon, visit the local German Christmas Markets in Heidelberg, or Speyer. Explore at your own pace to soak up the sights and sounds, tantalizing treats, and seasonal handiwork of these sparkling winter wonderlands. This evening, enjoy live entertainment on board.
A Gothic Cathedral, heaven’s time, and joyeux noël.
Classic Excursion: Come along for city sightseeing, including the city’s gothic, stained-glass cathedral with its celebrated ancient murals and astronomical clock, as well as the magical La Petite France District.
You may choose to join a guided optional excursion to beautiful Alsace, for an afternoon in a French wine-country village. Savour the warmth and glow of Christmas tradition by spending your free time this afternoon wandering the French winter markets of Strasbourg. Take in the lights, music, and the pleasures of the season.
History, artistry, and the beautiful Black Forest.
Classic Excursion: Join a full-day guided tour to the magical Black Forest to experience local traditions and the vibrant Christmas mood.
You may choose to join a guided optional excursion to visit the charming village of Colmar, with its half-timbered medieval and early renaissance buildings. Alternatively, spend your afternoon leisurely browsing Breisach’s lovely Christmas market to sample bretzels, mulled wine, and Black Forest cake.
Your holiday ends with breafast this morning. Transfer to the airport for your flight to the UK.
|Date||Price from (pp)|
|30 November 2019 (in reverse)||£1,979 Cat D Deluxe Stateroom|
|02 December 2019 (in reverse)||£2,309 Cat D Deluxe Stateroom|
|12 December 2019||£2,439 Cat P Panorama Suite|
|14 December 2019||£1,715|
|16 December 2019||£1,789 Cat D Deluxe Stateroom|
- Complimentary VIP Private Door-to-Door Home Pick-Up Service by Executive Car - Included on all sailings!†
- 4 nights deluxe accommodation in a spacious stateroom with Avalon's exclusive Comfort Collection® style beds, en-suite facilities and river views
- Return Flights from London. Regional Flights are also available but a supplement may apply. Ask the team for more information
- All meals on board including full breakfast, buffet lunch and waiter service dinner with quality wines from Europe's most famous wine regions; afternoon tea with cakes and sweet treats; a choice of teas and coffees throughout the day.
- Included excursions and sightseeing trips with local guides and a choice of optional tours; headsets provided on excursions
- Services of an experienced cruise director
- Gratuities for cruise director and crew
- On board lectures, activities and nightly piano music
- All transfers, local port charges and airport taxes
- Complimentary Wifi (signal permitting)