Avalon Waterways Central European Experience River Cruise 2019
This cruise through Central Europe introduces you to the Moselle, Rhine and Main rivers, as well as to the Main Danube canal. Your holiday begins with two overnight stays and sightseeing in Paris, followed by a tour of Trier. Taste some of the Moselle’s celebrated white wines in Bernkastel, cruise through the Rhine Gorge past Lorelei Rock, and visit Siegfried’s Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum in Rüdesheim. In Würzburg, explore the Bishop’s Residenz, before sailing to Bamberg for a walk around the medieval centre. Your voyage ends with two nights in Prague, with guided sightseeing and a visit to the Hradcany Castle grounds.
Welcome to Luxembourg! Your Suite Ship is Ready for Boarding in Remich. Enjoy dinner on board and an evening cruise to Grevenmacher.
This afternoon, take a guided optional excursion to Luxembourg City—with its dramatic views, ancient ruins, and modern architecture in its deep gorge terrain. Later, enjoy live entertainment on board while cruising to Bernkastel.
Active Excursion: Join your Avalon adventure host for an early morning run in Grevenmacher on the banks of the Moselle River in beautiful wine country.
Classic Excursion: Take a guided sightseeing tour of Trier—Germany’s oldest city with ancient Roman remnants dating from 144-152 AD. Starting from Porta Nigra walk through the city centre
Classic Excursion: Join a history-focused Roman Trier guided tour to learn more about the history of Roman civilisation in this Moselle River city, and visit the ruins of a 20,000-seat amphitheatre, and imperial baths.
Spend some free time at your leisure this afternoon—with a hike to view the vast vineyard landscapes, a bike ride through the Renaissance-style village, or relax with a glass of regional wine.
Classic Excursion: Take a guided walking tour of the charming wine village of Bernkastel—with its medieval marketplace and 17th-century half-timbered houses.
Active Excursion: Join your Avalon adventure host for a guided hike to nearby castle ruins.
Discovery Excursion: Join a wine tasting to experience the tradition of legendary German wine making.
Take your morning coffee up to the Sky deck as you cruise through the magnificent Rhine Gorge. Later, local musicians will join us on board for live entertainment.
Discovery Excursion: Tour the incredible Mechanical Music Museum for a one-of-a-kind instrumental experience.
Active Excursion: Take an open-air cable car ride to the Niederwald Monument. Ride or walk back down through the vineyards.
Discovery Excursion: Based on your departure date, enjoy either a coffee tasting or a wine tasting.
Spend free time biking through the beautiful Bavarian village on the Main River shores.
Classic Excursion: Join a guided walking tour of a picturesque Bavarian village.
Explore the city on your own or visit a local winery. Later, enjoy onboard entertainment.
Classic Excursion: Take a guided sightseeing tour of the “Pearl of the Romantic Road” with its Old Main Bridge, towering fortress, and baroque Bishop’s Residenz—with the largest known ceiling fresco.
Classic Excursion: Take a guided walking tour of the former home to imperial dynasties, and see its Romanesque cathedral, Old Town Hall, and seven hills crowned with churches.
Enjoy free time this afternoon strolling through the city.
Classic Excursion: Take a guided tour of Nuremberg’s medieval architecture, gilded fountain, gothic cathedral, and Kaiserburg Castle.
Your holiday continues with a transfer to Prague. Welcome to the Golden City of Prague—Explore the City of 100 Spires. Stroll through the exquisite streets of the city and spend a free evening in one of Prague’s cafés for dinner and Czech Beer.
Later, you may decide to join a guided optional excursion as your expert local guide reveals the secrets of Prague with a visit to Charles Bridge and Malá Strana—two of Prague’s most romantic and picturesque spots. Take time to mingle with the locals and be mesmerised by street performers in Wenceslas Square, or browse the market stalls at Charles Bridge. Consider sampling delicious plum dumplings and traditional Pilsner Lager beside the Vltava River.
Classic Excursion: Take a guided city walk to visit Hradčany Castle grounds; see St. Vitus Cathedral, and Astronomical Clock.
Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. Transfer to the airport for your flight to the UK.
|Date||Price from (pp)|
|16 April 2019 (in reverse)||£3,185|
|09 May 2019||£3,299|
|28 May 2019 (in reverse)||£3,249|
|20 June 2019||£3,439|
|09 July 2019 (in reverse)||£3,249|
|01 August 2019||£3,269|
|20 August 2019 (in reverse)||£3,249|
|12 September 2019||£3,619|
|01 October 2019 (in reverse)||£3,319|
|24 October 2019||£3,179|
- Complimentary VIP Private Door-to-Door Home Pick-Up Service by Executive Car - Included on all sailings!†
- 7 nights deluxe accommodation in a spacious stateroom with Avalon's exclusive Comfort Collection® style beds, en-suite facilities and river views
- 2 nights at Hilton Arc de Triomphe in Paris (or similar) and
- 2 nights at the Hilton Hotel (or similar) in Prague
- Return Flights from London. Regional Flights are also available but a supplement may apply. Ask the team for more information
- All meals on board including full breakfast, buffet lunch and waiter service dinner with quality wines from Europe's most famous wine regions; afternoon tea with cakes and sweet treats; a choice of teas and coffees throughout the day. Buffet breakfast in Paris and Prague hotels
- Included excursions and sightseeing trips with Local Guides and a choice of optional tours; headsets provided on excursions
- Services of an experienced Cruise Director
- Gratuities for Cruise Director and crew
- On board lectures, activities and nightly piano music
- Captain's Welcome Reception, Welcome Dinner and Farewell Gala Dinner
- All transfers, local port charges and airport taxes
- Complimentary Wifi (signal permitting)