Avalon Waterways Central European Experience River Cruise 2019
This river cruise through central Europe will take you from Remich to the gothic skyline of Prague on the Moselle, Rhine, and Main Rivers.
Your journey concludes in Prague, one of Europe’s most magical cities. See its treasures, such as St. Vitus Cathedral, a gothic masterpiece that dominates the skyline, the Astronomical Clock, and Charles Bridge—the oldest bridge in the city. In your free time get a taste of the local cuisine with plum dumplings and Pilsner—the perfect ending to this unforgettable European river cruise vacation!
On arrival, you will be met and transferred to your Avalon ship.
Welcome to Luxembourg! Your Suite Ship® is Ready for Boarding in Remich.
Active: Join your Avalon adventure host for an early morning jog in Remich on the banks of the Moselle River in beautiful wine country.
Classic: Take a guided sightseeing tour of Trier—Germany’s oldest city with ancient Roman remnants dating from 144-152 AD. Starting from Porta Nigra walk through the city centre, OR:
Classic: Join a history-focused Roman Trier guided tour to learn more about the history of Roman civilisation in this Moselle River city, and visit the ruins of a 20,000-seat amphitheatre, and imperial baths.
Classic:Take a guided walking tour of the charming wine village of Bernkastel—with its medieval marketplace and 17th-century half-timbered houses, OR:
Active:Join your Avalon adventure host for a guided hike to nearby castle ruins.
Discovery:Join a wine tasting to experience the tradition of legendary German wine making.
Discovery: Tour the incredible Mechanical Music Museum for a one-of-a-kind instrumental experience, OR;
Active: Take an open-air cable car ride to the Niederwald Monument. Ride or walk back down through the vineyards.
Discovery: Based on your departure date, enjoy either a coffee tasting or a wine tasting.
Hidden Gems and Bavarian Beauty of a Main River Village
Classic: Join a guided walking tour of a picturesque Bavarian village.
Classic: Take a guided sightseeing tour of the “Pearl of the Romantic Road” with its Old Main Bridge, towering fortress, and baroque Bishop’s Residenz—with the largest known ceiling fresco.
Bamberg: Take a guided walking tour of the former home to imperial dynasties, and see its Romanesque cathedral, Old Town Hall, and seven hills crowned with churches.
Classic Take a guided tour of Nuremberg’s medieval architecture, gilded fountain, gothic cathedral, and Kaiserburg Castle.
Classic: Take a guided city walk to visit Hradčany Castle grounds; see St. Vitus Cathedral, and Astronomical Clock.
Later, you may decide to join a guided optional excursion as your expert local guide reveals the secrets of Prague with a visit to Charles Bridge and Malá Strana—two of Prague’s most romantic and picturesque spots.
Take time to mingle with the locals and be mesmerised by street performers in Wenceslas Square, or browse the market stalls at Charles Bridge. Consider sampling delicious plum dumplings and traditional Pilsner Lager beside the Vltava River.
Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning.
Transfer to the airport for your flight to the UK.
|Date||Cabin||Price from (pp)|
|24 October 2019||Cat B Pamorama Suite||CALL|
|Cat A Pamorama Suite||CALL|
|Cat P Pamorama Suite||CALL|
|Cat S Royal Suite||CALL|
- Complimentary Private Door-to-Door Home Pick-Up Service†
- 7 nights deluxe accommodation in a spacious stateroom
- 2 nights at Hilton Arc de Triomphe in Paris (or similar) and
- 2 nights at the Hilton Hotel (or similar) in Prague
- Return Flights from London. Regional Flights are also available but a supplement may apply. Ask the team for more information
- All meals on board including full breakfast, buffet lunch and waiter service dinner with quality wines from Europe's most famous wine regions
- Afternoon tea with cakes and sweet treats; a choice of teas and coffees throughout the day.
- Buffet breakfast in Paris and Prague hotels
- Included excursions and sightseeing trips with local guides and a choice of optional tours; headsets provided on excursions
- Services of an experienced Cruise Director
- Gratuities for Cruise Director and crew
- On board lectures, activities and nightly piano music
- Captain's Welcome Reception, Welcome Dinner and Farewell Gala Dinner
- All transfers, local port charges and airport taxes
- Complimentary Wifi (signal permitting)