Romantic Seine 2020 APT River Cruise
Cruise from the iconic city of Paris and see famous sights including the Eiffel Tower, before you continue on to Vernon and Rouen as well as a visit to the home of Claude Monet in Giverny.
Fly from the UK to Paris, the city of romance. You will be met at the airport and then transferred to your river ship, docked on the Seine River. Enjoy some time to settle in before getting to know your fellow travellers and APT Cruise Director at a Welcome Reception.
FREEDOM OF CHOICE: Get your fill of French food on a walking tour, soak up Montmartre, or a visit to the Palace of Versailles may be too tempting.
After your preferred activity, enjoy a welcome dinner.
Arrive in Vernon and set out on one of two experiences that showcase the beauty of the region.
See one of Monet’s greatest inspirations, the water lilies at his house and gardens in Giverny. Or take the scenic route, pedalling from the river all the way to Monet’s house.
Arrive in Le Havre and step ashore to experience Honfleur, a lovely little port town.
SIGNATURE EXPERIENCE After the Palais Bénédictine closes its doors to the public, slip inside for a private wander through the museum and distillery, before dinner in the Abbots Hall.
The old fishing village of Caudebec-en-Caux greets you with colourful buildings dotted along its harbour. Select your preferred experience here today.
FREEDOM OF CHOICE: Look back on World War I at the Somme Battlefields. Otherwise stay in the city and see the Notre Dame Cathedral and the square where Joan of Arc was martyred.
From Rouen, set out on one of two experiences. Tonight, gather around for a gala farewell dinner with your new-found friends.
FREEDOM OF CHOICE:Travel to the top of Chateau-Gaillard, offering stunning views, then walk back down to your ship. Otherwise, visit Château de la Roche-Guyon, or take an onboard impressionist painting class. On arrival in Les Andelys, you’ll once again enjoy the chance to shape your day.
Today your Romantic Seine journey draws to a conclusion. Farewell your wonderful crew as you disembark your ship after breakfast and are then transferred to the airport for your return flight to the UK.
|Date||Fares from (pp)|
|17 September 2020||£4,695|
- 8-Days All Inclusive 5* River Cruise on board one of APT’s luxurious Aria River Ships
- Return scheduled flights from the UK
- All meals, plus complimentary beverages served at your discretion on board. This does not include French Champagne, premium spirits and selected wines - these are available at an additional charge
- APT Cruise Director and expert local guides
- All sightseeing and on board entertainment
- Unique or exclusive Signature Invitations
- Freedom of Choice inclusions
- Overseas transfers, all port charges and tipping
- SIGNATURE EXPERIENCES - Be transported back to the 18th century as you visit Château de Bizy, the private home of descendants of Prince Jerome Napoleon, where you’ll enjoy a guided tour of the estate’s history and gardens