Balkan Jewels 2020 APT River Cruise
Float through the stunning landscapes of Serbia, Hungary and Bulgaria on this unforgettable river cruise for 7 nights of adventure
On arrival into Bucharest, we will take you straight to your ship docked in Giurgiu. You’ll have time to unpack, relax and get acquainted with your ship.
FREEDOM OF CHOICE: In Veliko Târnovo, a local expert will guide you through the city’s rich history. Alternatively, should you want to get more physical, explore the Rock-Hewn Churches of Ivanovo.
Explore Baba Vida Fortress in Vidin. Raised upon the remains of the ancient town of Bononia, the medieval castle dates back to the 10th century. Afterwards, venture to Belogradchik to uncover its ancient fortress on the northern slope of the Balkan mountains. You’ll also see the town’s unique rock formations.
FREEDOM OF CHOICE: Today, cruise through the awe-inspiring natural wonder of the Iron Gates, where you will see the towering rock sculpture of Decebalus.
FREEDOM OF CHOICE: Head to Ilok for a wine tasting or visit the sites of the Yugoslavian Civil War in Vukovar.
In Novi Sad, explore the Petrovaradin Fortress and its catacombs.
SIGNATURE EXPERIENCE: Uncover all things Hungarian today with a cultural cavalcade in Kalocsa.
See local handicrafts and porcelain at the Folk Art House, and visit a paprika manufacturer – a famous export of the region. Later, visit a farm in Puszta for a traditional horse riding show followed by lunch. Here, watch as talented horsemen make their horses drop to the floor, sit on command and gallop around the ring, before completing their signature move the ‘Puszta-5’ – in which a single horseman controls a team of five horses, all whilst standing on the backs of the rear two.
FREEDOM OF CHOICE: See the Fisherman’s Bastion and Heroes’ Square. Otherwise hike to Gellert Hill, or take a stroll through the Great Market Hall.
Today your journey draws to a conclusion. Disembark your ship and be transferred to the airport for your return flight to the UK.
|Date||Fares from (pp)|
|9 October 2020||£3,945 Panoramic Balcony Suite|
- Home-to-airport transfers by private car (conditions apply, please enquire at the time of booking)
- Return scheduled flights from the UK
- 7 nights cruising on one of APT’s luxurious Concerto River Ships
- Includes 20 meals - Enjoy 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches and 7 Dinners
- Complimentary beverages served at your discretion on board.
- Unique cultural experiences in up to 5 towns, villages and cities
- Signature Experiences
- Freedom of Choice Sightseeing Inclusions
- APT Cruise Director and expert local guides
- Overseas transfers, port charges and tipping
- Butler service, room service, complimentary laundry service and champagne on arrival in select suites