Balkan Gems 2019 APT River Cruise
Discover remarkable landscapes, storied history and charming cultures as you traverse Eastern European countries such as Romania and Serbia on this invigorating adventure.
Fly from the UK to Budapest and be transferred to your river ship. After dinner on board, set off on a twilight cruise through the city and be enchanted by the lights of the remarkable Hungarian capital.
Admire Bratislava on a guided tour.
SIGNATURE EXPERIENCE: Later, attend a traditional folklore show in the Old Town. Perhaps learn a few Slovak dance moves, before sampling some delicious local specialities.
Take in a walking tour of Vienna today.
SIGNATURE EXPERIENCE: After dinner this evening, head to the magnificent Liechtenstein’s City Palace and attend an exclusive Cocktail Reception and a private concert featuring classical masterpieces and an operatic recital
Today, return to Budapest and discover one of the Danube’s most beautiful cities as you join a local guide for an exciting tour, including a visit to the spectacular Hungarian Parliament Building on the river front.
Arrive in Mohács and enjoy a Freedom of Choice Sightseeing activity.
FREEDOM OF CHOICE: Visit the Buso Courtyard, which offers an insight into the Busojaras of Mohács, and the craftwork associated with this event. Or perhaps take an excursion to Pécs and visit the Gyugyi Museum, which houses Laszlo Gyugyi’s private collection, including ceramics from the Golden Age of Zsolnay Factory.
On a tour of Serbia’s capital, the choice of today’s activity is yours. Later, enjoy some free time in the city centre to stroll along Prince Michael Street, the city’s main shopping district.
FREEDOM OF CHOICE: See the Belgrade Fortress and the Serbian Orthodox Temple of St Sava. Alternatively, take a bike ride or visit a brandy distillery for a tasting.
Cruise through one of Europe’s most awe-inspiring natural wonders, the Iron Gates. Here the Danube narrows as it winds through a series of magnificent gorges between Serbia and Romania.
After a final delicious breakfast on board, it is time to bid farewell to your new-found friends as you disembark your luxurious river ship for the last time. Upon disembarkation, you will be transferred to Bucharest airport for your return flight to the UK.
|Date||Fares from (pp)|
|29 March 2019||£2,295|
|20 July 2019||£3,245|
|03 August 2019||£2,495|
|31 August 2019||£2,595|
|14 September 2019||£2,495|
- Exclusive savings of up to £4,836 per couple - book by 28th February 2019*
- Home-to-airport transfers by private car (conditions apply, please enquire at the time of booking)
- Return scheduled flights from the UK
- 7 nights cruising on one of APT’s luxurious Concerto River Ships
- Includes 20 meals - Enjoy 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches and 7 Dinners
- Complimentary beverages served at your discretion on board. This does not include French Champagne, premium spirits and selected wines - these are available at an additional cost
- Unique cultural experiences in up to 5 towns, villages and cities
- Signature Experiences
- Freedom of Choice Sightseeing Inclusions
- APT Cruise Director and expert local guides
- Overseas transfers, port charges and tipping
- Butler service, room service, complimentary laundry service and champagne on arrival in select suites