Interlude on the Danube 2021 Amadeus River Cruise
Journey through the heart of Europe, along the most beautiful stretches of the Danube. See the "Great Loop" - one of the most original sectors of the Danube, where the river, unable to erode the hard, volcanic granite, has created a meander-formed river bed.
Discover Vienna with its baroque buildings and in the evening, let the waltz begin in the “city of waltzes”! Admire the majestic Melk Abbey and taste the regional wines of the Wachau Valley.
Please note all excursions mentioned in the itinerary are not included but can be purchased pre-cruise.
Your cruise commences in Passau, the so-called “three-rivers city,” which lies at the confluence of the Danube, the Inn and the Ilz Rivers. After embarking in the afternoon and exploring your luxurious new accommodation, you are invited to meet your fellow guests and the cruise director at the Welcome Cocktail. This is followed by a delicious and atmospheric Welcome Dinner. Enjoy the first highlight of your cruise in the evening as your AMADEUS ship cruises along the panoramic Danube Valley and makes a 180-degree turn at the famous “Schlögener loop.”
The beauty and power of nature will continue to amaze you this morning as your ship cruises through the romantic Wachau region, one of the most beautiful natural areas of Austria, shaped by the Danube River. The remainder of the day is dedicated to exploring Austria’s renowned capital city. In order to appreciate Vienna in comfort, join the afternoon city tour, which will take you to some of the most significant landmarks and destinations of this culturally rich metropolis and former imperial city. Admire the impressive buildings along the Ringstrasse, see the famous Vienna State Opera House, admire the works of Gustav Klimt and other significant artists at the Museum Quarter, visit St. Stephen’s Cathedral, and more. In the evening, soak up the city’s classical music culture at the “Sound of Vienna” concert.
Early in the morning, your AMADEUS cruise ship will reach Dürnstein, a village known for its iconic blue church and outstanding local wines. You can choose to spend a relaxed day on board or, alternatively, take part in a morning excursion through the Wachau and to Melk Abbey, a Benedictine abbey majestically situated on a rocky outcrop with a view over the Danube. This bus tour will commence in Dürnstein and end at lunchtime in Emmersdorf, a village situated on the Danube in Lower Austria, where your ship will be waiting for you. Join your fellow guests and the captain in the evening and celebrate your trip at the elegant Captain’s Gala Dinner.
In the morning, your ship returns to Passau in Germany. Enjoy a final breakfast on board before disembarking to commence your journey home, or to explore Passau’s historic landmarks on your own. The AMADEUS team wishes you well and hopes to welcome you on board again soon.
|16 August 2021||Amadeus Cara||£513|
- Return flights from the UK and overseas transfers
- 4 Day river cruise on board Amadeus Cara
- Services of an experienced, multilingual Cruise Director
- Gourmet dining with all meals included
- Free-flowing quality red & white wines from Europe’s famous wine regions with every dinner on board
- 24-hour complimentary coffee and tea station
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner and Captain’s Gala Dinner
- Special onboard entertainment including talks, cooking demonstration, onboard music performances and nightly music by the Amadeus Duo in the Panorama-Bar
- Complimentary use of onboard bicycles
- Non-smoking environment (smoking permitted on the Sun Deck)
- All port taxes, embarkation, disembarkation and lock fees
- Optional excursions are available from £16pp. Pre book a package and save 15%.