Melodies of the Danube 2021 AmaWaterways River Cruise
Journey along the Danube and see firsthand why this storied river has inspired generations of artists, poets and musicians. Indulge your passion for timeless architecture and art in three magnificent capitals: Budapest, Bratislava and Vienna. Let the hills come alive with the sounds of music in Salzburg and the Austrian Lake District. Cruise through the enchanting Strudengau Valley and let the melodies of the Danube carry you from one gem to another on a regal journey through time.
Wine Theme: 20th, 22nd March, 3rd April, 6th & 13th November
Arrive in Budapest and board your luxurious river cruise ship.
Budapest offers an unmatched combination of culture, tradition and even a secret labyrinth of caves under the city. Your city tour begins with a visit to the Great Market Hall before going to both the Buda (hilly) and the Pest (flat) sides of the river. You’ll see Heroes’ Square and Castle Hill, home to the Fisherman’s Bastion and Mattias Church. As an alternative, you can hike up to Castle Hill for breathtaking views of the city below.
Host to the crowning ceremonies of 11 Hungarian kings and queens between 1536 and 1830, Bratislava certainly has earned the title “Coronation City of Kings,” as you’ll discover during your walking tour. Or join a special “Tastes of Slovakia” tour. For a more active adventure, hike up to Bratislava Castle, offering magnificent views of the city.
*Please Note: Wine Cruise itineraries are modified and will not visit Bratislava. Instead of visiting Bratislava, guests will sail to Vienna.
The “City of Waltzes” offers a wealth of gems and your city tour showcases its regal splendors, including the majestic Opera House and the former Imperial Palace of the Habsburgs. Conclude your tour in Vienna’s historic city center and then visit St. Stephen’s Cathedral, or discover Vienna by bike. During the afternoon, enjoy leisure time to further explore this iconic city.
After reaching Weissenkirchen, you’ll be treated to several choices of excursions. Take a walking tour of Dürnstein before visiting the UNESCO-designated Melk Abbey. Or opt for a walking tour of Weissenkirchen followed by an abbey visit. For a more culinary-focused experience, join a walking tour in Dürnstein, then enjoy a wine tasting hosted by a local vintner and sample special apricot treats from a local boutique. If you prefer a more active adventure, join a guided bike tour through the Wachau Valley or hike up to the fortress where Richard the Lionheart was once held. Later in the day, sail through the Strudengau Valley to medieval Grein for an exclusive visit to the more than 500-year-old Greinburg Castle, looming regally from above. While here, enjoy a folklore show and wine reception.
The ship arrives in Linz where you’ll have several choices of excursions. Opt for a full-day excursion to Salzburg where you’ll tour the historic center, Mirabell Gardens, Residenz Square and the Old Market. En route to Salzburg, stop at Mondsee, home of the Basilica St. Michael. Or join a morning walking tour through the old city center of Linz and by the Mozart House; or go on a bike tour of the city’s famed “Cultural Mile” and the Danube. In the afternoon, you can also choose to visit charming Český Krumlov, located just over the Czech-Austrian border.
Discover the city of Passau in one of three ways. Enjoy a walking tour and marvel at Gothic and Italian Baroque architecture and St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Or choose between a guided bike tour along the Danube River, or a guided hike up to the Veste Oberhaus fortress. Later, cruise to Vilshofen, where you will be treated to a festive Oktoberfest celebration— an AmaWaterways exclusive.
Bid farewell to Vilshofen.
|Date||Fixed Window (pp)||French Balcony (pp)||Flights|
|March 2021||£1,929||£3,159||Please Call|
|April 2021||£2,409||£3,565||Please Call|
|May 2021||£2,719||£3,949||Please Call|
|June 2021||£3,069||£4,299||Please Call|
|July 2021||£2,695||£3,919||Please Call|
|August 2021||£2,925||£3,925||Please Call|
|September 2021||£3,099||£4,329||Please Call|
|October 2021||£2,795||£4,025||Please Call|
|November 2021||£2,409||£3,565||Please Call|
|December 2021||£2,765||£3,345||Please Call|
Extend Your Cruise
Extend your stay, pre or post cruise, with these great value cruise extensions! Simply give our award winning team a call for full details on 0800 810 8220
- 2 nights pre cruise in Budapest from £431pp
- 2 nights pre cruise in Vienna from £462pp
- 3 nights post cruise in Prague from £692pp
- Up to £200pp savings for 7 Night Cruises - book by 31 December 2020
- Savings of up to £650pp for 7 Night Christmas Markets Cruises - book by 31 December 2020
- Free Flights on selected sailings
- 7 nights luxury accommodation
- All local taxes
- La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Entertainment on Demand system featuring, movies, TV shows, news and music
- Bottled water replenished daily
- Personalised service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- Captain’s Welcome Cocktail and Dinner
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Daily Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Tapas, sandwiches, snacks and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge