Scenic River Cruise Assurance — A Commitment to Your Health & Safety
Whilst the world may have changed, Scenic's commitment to the extraordinary all-inclusive travel experience, guest’s and crew’s health, safety and wellbeing remains their key priority
Scenic are working closely with Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), local and international Government Health agencies, to ensure their protocols exceed the latest regulatory requirements. Their Health & Safety Steering Committee oversees all health and safety policies and training with Scenic, ensuring you can travel with complete confidence that your wellbeing and safety are taken care of to the highest standard. In addition, Scenic are implementing the most recent insights and technologies, with their Scenic Group team dedicated to exceeding the levels of cleanliness required in today’s travel climate. Scenic are continuously updating their protocols to safeguard both the health, safety and the experience of you, their valued guests. You will be informed about these important procedures, well in advance of your journey departure, which may include the following information and guidelines below.
A SAFE START TO YOUR JOURNEY
- Medical Evaluation & Test — To ensure guests are safe and well before their journey, you are required to complete a pre-departure medical health evaluation. During the phased embarkation process you, and your fellow passengers, will be tested for COVID-19 by a medical specialist. This will allow you to relax with complete peace-of-mind when you board Scenic's Space-Ships, in the company of other like-minded travellers.
AN EXPERTLY TRAINED TEAM
- A Dedicated Team — Scenic's Captains, Hotel Managers and Cruise Directors, alongside their exceptional teams, will deliver a first-class level of service during your time travelling with them. You can enjoy the same exciting program of on board and on shore experiences, tailored to smaller groups to allow for safe social distancing. The team will be readily available to ensure every detail of your journey is memorable, for all the right reasons. They will ensure health and safety protocols are followed on a daily basis.
- Healthy Crew — All crew will be regularly tested for COVID-19 and will have daily temperature and health checks. They will also be trained and regularly briefed on all aspects in preventing COVID-19 amongst themselves and guests. They will go beyond the ordinary to make your cruise a truly exceptional experience.
A WARM & SAFE WELCOME
- Contact-Free Check In & Check Out — Scenic have adjusted the various touchpoints of your journey, allowing you to check in and check out in a completely contact-free way. Through a phased embarkation you will be able to arrive and depart from your Space-Ship smoothly and with safe social proximity in mind.
- Briefings & Screenings — Scenic's medical expert will host mandatory briefings and screenings. These events are designed to ensure that all guests and crew are healthy, and also offer an opportunity to allay any concerns or ask any questions you may have about their safety protocols.
THE ON BOARD EXPERIENCE
- Enhanced Cleaning Commitment — Scenic's on board crew will be increasing and enhancing the already frequent and high standard cleaning protocols in public areas and suites, leaving surfaces and spaces spotless. Additional care and attention will be paid to high contact zones, such as communal restrooms and dining facilities.
- Socially Aware Dining — Scenic are adapting and redesigning their on board food and beverage service to ensure extra care is taken in order to minimise social contact. Their delicious food will be served a la carte or via served buffets.
- Contact-Free Movement — The spacious surrounds of Scenic's ships in combination with the guest numbers provide ample room for you to relax, allowing for an abundance of personal space. Scenic are introducing contact-free movement across their Space-Ships to further reduce risks. Contact-free hand sanitiser dispensers will be readily available in all public spaces and guest corridors on board, whilst automated doors and contact-free guest servicing will minimise the number of touchpoints.
- Air Circulation — Scenic's Space-Ships are equipped with air circulation systems. These systems ensure there is no re-circulation of inside air on board the ship. When you are relaxing in your suite you will be breathing air from outside the ship that is channelled directly to your suite. The air will also be released from your suite directly to the outside.
STAYING WELL ON SHORE
Smaller Groups & Social Proximity — Discovering the local culture of your destination is the highlight of every river cruise. You will travel in smaller groups, allowing for a more intimate travel experience, whilst respecting social proximity and destination specific regulations. To enhance your sightseeing, you can utilise the digital headsets, which will act as your personal tour guide and travel map.
TRUSTED LOCAL PARTNERS
Carefully Selected Local Partners — As well as enhancing their health and safety protocols on board and with our crew, Scenic are working closely with their local partners. Scenic have forged long-standing relationships with their local partners, all of whom have been carefully selected for their expertise and high levels of service, and are committed to ensuring your safety. They will receive extensive training to adhere with their enhanced protocols. Scenic will also introduce strict control and screening procedures for anyone boarding our Space-Ships.
Wellness Throughout Your Journey — Your wellbeing is Scenic's number one priority, both during your time on board and on shore. Journey to and from your destination with complete peace-of-mind. All transport vehicles will be equipped with hand sanitiser and will undergo deep cleaning after every journey, surpassing the high industry standards required. You can also rest assured that we will monitor social proximity, allowing you to travel safely, with plenty of personal space.
Scenic are committed to continually reviewing and updating their protocols and guidelines as new information becomes available, to ensure that guests can travel safely in the many destinations that they operate in.
You can view all Scenic River Cruises here.