AmaWaterways | Two New Ships in 2015
AmaWaterways, 'Officially the best river cruise fleet in Europe', has confirmed they will introduce two new Certo Class river cruise ships in 2015, AmaSerena and AmaVista. AmaSerena & AmaVista, currently under construction in the Netherlands, will each carry 164 guests and feature the same modern, elegant styling introduced aboard the AmaCerto in 2012.
“We are delighted to welcome AmaSerena and AmaVista to our European fleet, and to be responsive to the rising demand for new ship design and offerings in this particular region,” said Kirstin Karst, AmaWaterways’ Executive Vice President and Co-Owner. “With a distinctive approach to offering unparalleled service and comfort, these two beauties are best-in-class. They will undoubtedly further our mission of bringing unforgettable river cruising experience to AmaWaterways travellers.”
Both new ships will feature spacious, luxurious accomodations with most staterooms boasting AmaWaterways' unique Twin Balcony concept that includes both a French and a full step-out balcony within one single room. New to both ships there will be a number of connecting cabins, perfect for families and friends travelling together. Staterooms will also equipped with state-of-the-art entertainment on demand systems which provides complimentary access to internet, Hollywood movies and a library of streaming music.
Scheduled for delivery in 2015, the two new European ships will offer new opportunities to experience AmaWaterways' culturally immersive voyages.
AmaSerena's 2015 itineraries include:
- The Enchanting Rhine - A 7-night journey begins in Amsterdam with a tour of the legendary canals and the house where Anne Frank once lived in hiding. Stops include visits to the majoestic Gothis cathedral in Cologne, as well as the university town of Heidelberg. The journey is concluded in Switzerland's snow capped vistas and cosmopolitan cities.
- Wine Cruises - These popular cruises spotlight Europe's wine regions along the Danube. Douro, Rhine, Rhone and Seine rivers, with visits to wineries and vineyards as well as onboard lectures and tastings hosted by top wine experts.
- Jeweish Heritage Cruises - Guests have the option to visit synagogues, museums and other sights significant in Jewish history and culture. Excursions include such highlights as the home of Holocaust hero Oscar Schindler, the Nuremberg Palace of Justice and Vienna's Jewish Museum.
AmaVisa's 2015 itineraries include:
- Tulip Time Cruises - Discover the beauty and history of the Dutch and Belgian waterways in the springtime, when the countryside is in glorious full bloom. Admire the world famous windmills and dazzling displays of brightly coloured tulips carpeting the landscape. Take a scenic cruise through Amsterdam's legendary canals, past elegant narrow buildings and the house where Anne Frank once lived in hiding.
- Magnificent Europe Cruise - Trace the route of emperors and kings on this voyage along three grand rivers through five fascinating countries. From Amsterdam, travel along the Rhine to Cologne, with its breathtaking centuries-old cathedral. Cruise past the many castles lining the stunningly beautiful Rhine Gorge and marvel at the Main-Danube Canal, a masterpiece of modern engineering, as you traverse the Continental divide.
For more information on AmaWaterways click here, or for other River Cruises and itineraries visit www.rivercruising.co.uk
To book your river cruise now call our experts on free phone 0800 810 8229 or from a mobile 01253 340 910